300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Connected Disability

The written psych was the first time I was ever asked about disability from the VA. Is that something to hold you back? It's medical not psychological.

I don't think they can use that as a bar to employment so long as you can perform the duties of the position.
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)

Comment

Copy. Thank you

Comment

As long as it wasn't a duty disability as a Police Officer.

Comment

Nope service connected to the military. Medical said it was all good and oral psych didn't even bring it up. Thanks guys!

Comment

Where was your oral psych? I was grilled over my VA disability.

Comment

Avondale location

Comment

Ok, I had mine at 30 N Michigan and the female psych doctor requested my files.

Comment

I heard from one Cpd Det. That if you collect disability for ptsd or any documented psych issues your done. I have heard this being the case for many departments . Some guys get through and collect after they become the police , some don’t disclose. Who knows , makes sense to me though .

Comment

• J2H
                    J2H commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There seems to be something wrong with this... PTSD and can't become police due to service-related issues.... Go Federal, they love disabled vets.

• scotty_appleton814
                    scotty_appleton814 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I applied to dozens of depts during my testing phase. I had heard more than one BI say things very consistent with what said in this post. Right, wrong, or whatever, seems like it is what it is.

I have also heard of departments asking how guys cope with their ptsd . See if they can manage it etc . If guys are not getting out of bed for days and taking meds which preclude you from being armed obviously those are red flags . My buddy told his bi he just works out and doesn’t take meds and he was good to go

Comment

It's the luck of the draw really. Thankfully mine was just normal wear and tear from the infantry on my knees and back lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8820 users online. 350 members and 8470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X