300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIC Police Testing 2017

Title: Police Officer - University Police (Job ID #86633)
    Department: VCAS
    Category: Civil Service
    Close Date: 10/23/2017
    Hours Per Week: Varies

Description: The UIC Police Department seeks Police Officers under general supervision of higher level personnel, the purpose of this position is to safeguard lives and property by enforcing applicable laws and regulations and promoting good community relations. In addition, reduce the opportunity for successful criminality to University of Illinois personnel and property.

Applicants must be able to successfully pass a computerized knowledge exam, physical fitness test and oral board examination. Additional assessments such as an extensive background investigation, medical evaluation, drug screening, and a psychological evaluation may be assessed. Passing the exam and being on the eligibility list is not an offer or guarantee of employment.

Duties:
    Under general supervision of higher level personnel, the purpose of this position is to safeguard lives and property by enforcing applicable laws and regulations and promoting good community relations. In addition, reduce the opportunity for successful criminality to University of Illinois personnel and property.
    1. Respond to requests (routine and emergency for the police service from the University community including but not limited to enforcement of laws and ordinances, conflict resolution, traffic control and investigation, security of buildings and grounds, fire calls and injured person calls.
    2. Conducts investigations, as required and submits reports to supervisor 's infractions of rules and regulations of the University, State laws, and city and county ordinances.
    3. Directs vehicle and pedestrian traffic and enforces parking and traffic rules and regulations.
    4. Investigates and reports obstructions in streets and sidewalks, holes, leaking or faulty utility services, or other unusual conditions that might endanger public safety.
    5. Provide effective, efficient, and pro-active patrols for the protection of life and property.
    6. Performs other related duties as assigned.

Qualifications:
    Minimum Qualifications:
    • Must be at least 21 years of age
    • Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
    • Must have a valid Driver’s License
    • Must have no record of criminal conviction
    • Proof of Illinois residency is required within 180 days of the hire date should an offer of employment be made in this classification title.

Note: Persons who have not successfully completed the mandated firearm training course, as approved and recognized by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board, must complete the course during their probationary period. Police Officers are not authorized to carry a service weapon until successfully completing such training.

Preferred Qualifications:

1. Well versed in provisions of the Illinois Criminal Code and procedure of this state.
    2. Familiar with Physical Plant and the University, with special interest in security of sensitive areas and facilities.
    3. Knowledge of communication skills, oral and written in order to interact effectively with people from various races, religions and social standings.
    4. Knowledge of minimum physical requirements the PO must possess.
    5. Aware of the role that the PO play in campus security and in support of the accomplishment of University goal and objectives.
    6. Familiar with limitations and scope of authority of University PO’s.
    7. Has a history of providing excellent customer service.

To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Apply for Position button below no later than Monday, October 23, 2017.

Required Documents and Instructions:
    • High school diploma or GED certificate
    • Valid Driver’s License (The driver’s license information MUST be entered including the expiration date on page 2 of the CS Application Step 1. A copy of both sides of the driver’s license must be submitted)

All required documents MUST be uploaded within the document section of your application. Documents can be uploaded within Section 4 of the application. Please utilize the document type; Professional Licenses for copies of your Driver’s License and Transcript for your High School diploma or GED certificate.

Additional Documents:
    • College transcripts (if applicable)
    • DD214 (If a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces)
    • NIPSTA (if completed the POWER Test after 6/1/2017)

When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.

Apply at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-d...versity-police

Starting pay: $32.93 per hour, $68,494.40 annually.
    After seven years: $45.11 per hour, $93,828.80 annually.

How many are they looking to hire approx.?

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
      How many are they looking to hire approx.?
      It sounds like they want to hire 14 with 6-7 after testing and then an additional hiring class after that. The chief is looking to expand command staff and specialties too though so I wouldn't be surprised if more get hired off this list then that.

Comment

UIC Police are the real deal and pay is outstanding.

Comment

I followed the prompts and it wouldn't let me fill out an application. Anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by S_Pac View Post
            I followed the prompts and it wouldn't let me fill out an application. Anyone know why?
            Did you log in correctly? Tomorrow the last day

Comment

I only filled out a small amount of pedigree information. Is that it?

Disregard, the system seemed to update itself.
              Last edited by rms0012; 10-23-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Deleted.........
                Last edited by KrayJack; 11-01-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Anyone know if you don't have a NIPSTA card will UIC put a power test on? If so, pin bench or Olympic bench?

Comment

Originally posted by ab092886 View Post

It sounds like they want to hire 14 with 6-7 after testing and then an additional hiring class after that. The chief is looking to expand command staff and specialties too though so I wouldn't be surprised if more get hired off this list then that.
                    That's a great opportunity for someone looking to get on.

Does UIC still have that horrendous, 5 on 2 off work schedule? For anyone unfamilar it basically it meant your off days were set based on seniority and never rotating. Hopefully it changed because that alone turned me off to working there a long time ago. Also, I believe they've restructured their pension, which falls under State retirement system.

Comment

Does anybody know when we will hear back if we are allowed to test? Or when that test may be?

Comment

Anyone hear anything since the closing date????? Anyone hear good or bad information about UIC Police?

Comment

Haven’t heard anything back yet..

Comment

The background check before written or physical? This new to me.

Comment

Got the email this morning. As ^^ said, the initial background check occurs before the written and physical. New to me as well. Any idea how many they will look to hire from this? I know above they states 6-7, however, is that credible? Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9564 users online. 446 members and 9118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X