Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard a rumor that candidates are being rejected as a psych DQ for visible tattoos on the neck/face and full sleeve.

Comment

• maidana
      maidana commented
      Editing a comment
      100% False

• 19-Paul
      19-Paul commented
      Editing a comment
      That doesn’t even make sense. Plus CPD has no tattoo policy

Originally posted by ChiTEX03 View Post
    Heard a rumor that candidates are being rejected as a psych DQ for visible tattoos on the neck/face and full sleeve.
    A couple of friends already in and one about to start the academy tomorrow have full sleeves so I highly doubt that.

Comment

First I heard of the appeal process as it applies to The POWER Test and I couldn't believe it. Now a "redo" on the psych test?!

Am I the only one that's scratching my head on this one? Can anyone give me another example of just 1 dept in The State of IL....scratch that.....The United States that has a similar process as it applies to a psych test?

Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

• maidana
        maidana commented
        Editing a comment
        Im starting to question the whole thing. It seems even the department doesnt know how to handle this whole thing

• warhead9090
        warhead9090 commented
        Editing a comment
        The psych process is a joke. I work for county and the psych doctors that I told them about the process with CPD said the psych is more of a joke then the polygraph they just try to DQ ppl to have a balance of DQ and acceptable ppl.

• atlas25
        atlas25 commented
        Editing a comment
        Take it with a grain of salt but second city cop blog has a pretty interesting post about the reason for the retakes the other day.

• Ricobenes
        Ricobenes commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s CPD for ya...

Any update from the appeals? My buddy who had his appeal early November got a call to report for this Saturdays FPT. I had my appeal late October and didnt get any call..

Comment

• Apav24
        Apav24 commented
        Editing a comment
        My buddy passed his appeal too. I contacted my background investigator a couple days ago. She said the appeal results are coming in slowly. They’re only getting small amounts little by little...

From Second City Cop RE: 2nd Chance Psych:

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2...-as-usual.html

Comment

Heard there was a 90% success rate on the retakes

Comment

• Apav24
          Apav24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who told you that?

I was told if you havent gotten notice you passed your retake you will be getting a dq letter after the new year. I'm waiting on a response from investigations verifying this.

Comment

• kshields30
          kshields30 commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep us posted! In the meantime, I've already begun testing again for other departments. Just looking for my closure is all. Good luck to everyone on your future endeavors.

• j_chicago_21
          j_chicago_21 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm on appeal. Called HR last week. They said no results yet.

What's the situation on these appeals? I appealed back in early November and haven't heard back. I know some appeals made it to the academy. Wondering what percentage of appeals are still waiting to hear back.

Comment

• Rnelson
          Rnelson commented
          Editing a comment
          Every person I know that took their appeal got notified they passed. It's only 4 so take it for what its worth.

Anyone else get their ftp?

Comment

Nope been 4 months without a appeal date..

Comment

No word yet either on my appeal results. Took exam late october. Emailed investigations not to long ago and they stated that they are still waiting on results.. sure. rnelson did u get a upcoming power test date?

Comment

Haven’t heard anything on my end. Maybe a couple appeal guys will get called in these upcoming days to take their FPT with the first time takers..

Comment

This wait is nerve wracking. I just feel like they're gathering a mass DQ list. I called last week and they said "all the results aren't in yet."

Comment

• atlas25
                  atlas25 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd argue you still have a chance. I heard way more people passed the retakes than they expected, and they cant make an entire class of retakes, so they are funneling them in slowly. Just my take on it.

• j_chicago_21
                  j_chicago_21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  atlas25 - I hope so. You'd think more results would be released considering they could throw some who passed in every few classes but who knows. I have a contact from investigations who is going to try to poke around for me tomorrow.

I was just told by all the retired I know to NOT tell any classmates you're in because of the psych appeal because it will be constant judgment. That's wishful thinking of getting in though. Fingers crossed.

• Apav24
                  Apav24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  j_chicago_21 can you let us know what you find it? Thanks.

• j_chicago_21
                  j_chicago_21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep will do.

I think they sent some DQ’s out for the psych appeal guys. Someone got a DQ letter on the other form but he received the wrong DQ - his stated a DQ for his “re-evaluation Test” but he was a first time Test taker. Just an FYI.

Comment

• j_chicago_21
                  j_chicago_21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Apav24 - yeah that guy was a first time 2017 lister and not appeal. But maybe some appeals went out too.

Just got word. Received a DQ from my appeal process. Only took em 3 plus months lol. Letter states exactly what that one guy was "accidentally" sent in the 2017 Forum. Good luck everyone. For the record, My appeal went rather well. I was asked the same questions as before but was able to explain myself personally on why I thought I was fit for job. I was never asked any questions from my scan-tron in my one-on-one appeal interview. In further detail. I've been an EMT for 6 years and have an outstanding work record. I wear a uniform to work everyday and have positive interaction with my community. I truly dont know what this city is looking for but it definitely isn't a guy like me. I wish the best to all of you guys/gals.

Comment

• Rnelson
                  Rnelson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here. Just gut wrenching

• j_chicago_21
                  j_chicago_21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got my appeal fail too. I knew they were just waiting to gather a mass failure list. Just not meant to be. On to greener pastures I go.

• Apav24
                  Apav24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Which location did you guys have your appeals at?

• CPD1203
                  CPD1203 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then I'm guessing your work history probably didn't factor into their overall decision.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8736 users online. 340 members and 8396 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X