300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing aids

During my medical, it was discovered that I have a low frequency hearing loss (40%). CPD wants me to retake the test with hearing aids. The CPD does not care if I wear hearing aids after I pass the test. The audiologist recommened I not use hearing aids, since the hearing loss does not affect me day to day, or my ability to understand speech. Furthermore, hearing aids would mostly amplify what I am already hearing just fine. So now I'm looking at having to purchase hearing aids to pass the test ($$$$), after which, I'll have no use for them for many years, I hope.

Has anyone on this board already dealt with this issue? I would particularly like to know how to get over this hurdle at a minimum cost. Thanks.
    Last edited by cmfyczy; 03-20-2007, 10:26 PM.

Explain your situation to a local audiologist and ask them if you can't get loaners if you pay them a fee or a deposit. Usually every office has trial pairs or loaners they can let you use.

Comment

Well if it means get the hearing aids and retaking the tests, or better luck next time, then I would get the aids...get the cheapest ones out there...my father uses them, I put one in, it's like hearing someone in a gym speaking thru a microphone....Have you been to a Dr.? Maybe you have heavy wax build up and just need to have your ears flushed out (Q Tips only do so much). I lost 25% of my hearing in the Marines, but over the years, with no constant gun shots of bombs blowing off, I regained the loss, I was normal when I got my results in the mail....You can go the places like Sears and have your ears checked, probably cheap. That test was hard just because you are in that air tight box, with those headphones on...I had to hold my breath because every time i breathed it sounded so loud and I was afraid I would miss a beep!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9421 users online. 438 members and 8983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X