300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys..

Window to apply closes today.. I’m excited to get this rolling. May cannot come soon enough!

Comment

• CPD2018
      CPD2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck Mike!

HR extended the application until 12 March 2018!

Comment

• CPD2018
      CPD2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, you're right!!

APPLICATION PERIOD: Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 12:01AM (00:01) Central Standard Time (CST) through Monday, March 12, 2018 at 11:59PM (23:59) Central Standard Time (CST)

Hopefully that means it’s a shorter list than expected..

Comment

• CPD2018
      CPD2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe not enough people applied...

• egwinl
      egwinl commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully that is the scenario CPD2018 This way there will hopefully be a push to get everyone that is in limbo moving through the process.

NTR for exam came out today.. May 5th, 2pm..

Comment

• NGUChris
      NGUChris commented
      Editing a comment
      8 am test time here

Has anyone received the email with this headline: Be the Change--Study Guide & Test Prep Opportunities

I think it is great they are giving classes and study guides. But, do you really want someone by your side that can not pass the Chicago basic entry level exam? I am sorry but it is a joke with questions like, what color is a fire truck?

How about we get some focus on those who have passed the exam?

Comment

Is that seriously how easy the test is? I know the pass rate is high and many have said it is a joke. But, are we talking 6th grade logic questions? I got the email with the study guide but haven’t looked at it yet. How do you accumulate 60 college credits if you can’t pass this test is my question. (If it is as easy as many say)

Comment

Mike_vaughn

First and foremost, every college is different. I started my education at a community college after returning home from the Marine Corps. I had been out of school for 5 years and I literally did not learn anything in HS. I ended up getting my diploma from a home schooling program. Anyways, this school was the equivalent of a freshman course program for HS. I then transferred to another CC with a better reputation and program. I have seen people take the easiest of classes and receive their Associates. I call them Associates in basket weaving. I skipped my associates to earn my Bachelor's at a 4 year university after transferring again. I can say this about colleges because I was a part of an organization which dealt with how the selection process works for medical schools. The competition is so cut throat that every part of your college career is evaluated including the institution of which you attended. But, being a cop is completely different. They only care about you having a degree and not about where it comes from or what field of study. I am only referring to Chicago here. I have had orals in some suburbs in which they have asked me about my advance degrees and why in hell I would want to become a cop. They told me they will take my background in top consideration along with someone who received a bachelor's in Criminal Justice. I understand that having discipline and determination are requirements for seeking higher education, but like everything else there are ways to manipulate the system if no one is really paying attention.

As for the exam, I was exaggerating slightly. I do mean slightly! This exam is honestly that easy. I state that question as an example of how easy this is to someone who has never taken the exam.

Comment

I'm worried I may not answer everything exactly the same. Memories fade over the years after taking your last test. Are our answers to everything going to be compared to prior ones?

Comment

• NGUChris
            NGUChris commented
            Editing a comment
            Highly doubt it. For the written psych and PHQ definitely. It’s just a matter of passing or not.

This is random but if anyone is looking for an apartment in Chicago- midway area, message me for details. I have one available! Move in ready!

Comment

Exam time elapsed this past Saturday....45mins. But, even though I know I score very high Chicago's RANDOM lottery will place me at the near bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by egwinl View Post
              Exam time elapsed this past Saturday....45mins. But, even though I know I score very high Chicago's RANDOM lottery will place me at the near bottom.
              Yeah, but with how empty the place was I can’t imagine the list being that deep. I have to imagine they’re going to fly through this list quite fast.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11131 users online. 489 members and 10642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X