300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting testing times

There have been more than a few occasions where two or more departments hold testing times on the same day and at the same time. Just asking because I want to try and get on as many lists as possible but Elmhurst and Glen Ellyn are having their on the same day. I've had to pick between two departments a few other times in the past. Anyone know if this is coincidence or maybe done on purpose?

not to bash you or anything....but this is something you have to decide for yourself. Its like asking what 50" plasma tv do you want, the Samsung or the Sony? Its up to you on where you want to work.

Things that come to mind when looking for a police job:
    -location/ driving distance
    -salary
    -benefits
    -types of promotions/ job oppurtunites (SWAT, Tactics, K-9, etc)
    -Crime rate
    -demographics
    -main language spoken in area

just some ideas. good luck to you

Comment

I'm not from Illinois
      You don't have a form to fill out so you can tell all PDs that you are taking the test for multiple agencies?

Here in NY you can applied with all the department that you want to test and just fill out a form letting everyone know where you are taking the test.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      The C.O song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xP3strmDw

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball
        not to bash you or anything....but this is something you have to decide for yourself. Its like asking what 50" plasma tv do you want, the Samsung or the Sony? Its up to you on where you want to work.

Things that come to mind when looking for a police job:
        -location/ driving distance
        -salary
        -benefits
        -types of promotions/ job oppurtunites (SWAT, Tactics, K-9, etc)
        -Crime rate
        -demographics
        -main language spoken in area

just some ideas. good luck to you
        I don't think he was asking for advise, but he was asking if these dept know they are having the same test on the same day to maybe try and get the # of applicants down....if that was your question then I would its a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by seanranel
          There have been more than a few occasions where two or more departments hold testing times on the same day and at the same time. Just asking because I want to try and get on as many lists as possible but Elmhurst and Glen Ellyn are having their on the same day. I've had to pick between two departments a few other times in the past. Anyone know if this is coincidence or maybe done on purpose?

Glen Ellyn has two test dates and you can attend one of the two. Ones at Western Illinois on the 28 and 29th and the other is in Glen Ellyn may 5th. It's on Glen ellyns web site, and countless others.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt
            I don't think he was asking for advise, but he was asking if these dept know they are having the same test on the same day to maybe try and get the # of applicants down....if that was your question then I would its a possibility.

Exactly...that's moreso what I was asking.

Thanks.

Comment

Reason being is there will be an academy class starting in June at PTI and Chicago I believe. I was informed by the local police and fire commisson that you have 45 days from your date of POWER test to go to the exam or you have to retake it. That means a department will use the max time usually to make sure they have enough tested so they wont miss the academy and have to wait longer to get officers out and on the job. Makes perfect sense from the city's stand points.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11876 users online. 480 members and 11396 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X