300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale Police???

I'm thinking of applying. Any information on department.

Heard nothing but positive things about the department and looking to hire, window closes at 4pm today to apply!

Comment

They work over there. They get a handful of homicides a year. You will earn every dollar. The town is small and poor, sandwiched between Altgeld Gardens, Dolton, Calumet Park and Harvey. If you leave there and don't know how to be the police it is your own fault. They get their guns, dope and murders but they're not "too busy" in their own minds to do suspendeds and DUIs etc. There are towns like that. They routinely run short so OT is a constant. They've had quite a few shootings this summer. It's Chicago work without Chicago pay.

Comment

A relative of mine is on the same computer as them. Says they get calls stacked up on some nights. Good bunch of guys, and as Snuffy said, you'll learn to be the Police there. Just an extension of the 005th District. Lot of work for a town that's a bit more than a square mile.

Comment

Anyone who makes the list and has a clean background should have a great shot at getting hired in Riverdale. I heard nothing but good things about the department. I know they had a lateral hire not to long ago.

Comment

I wonder how many people they will start backgrounds on

Comment

Does anyone know how many they are looking to hire?

Comment

is anyone else in the current process? Still waiting for final list to come out with pref. Points added, I want to say the list has about 23 people on it

Comment

URKEBRE,
                  '

I am also on this list. I submitted my military points, although i have an associates as well. As far as the hiring and backgrounds, rule of thumb is if they intend on hiring 7-10 which Riverdale say they want too, they will do immediate backgrounds, polygraphs, psych and medicals to get people into the academies in January. SLEA, Cook County, PTI Champaign, and Chicago METRO go hot in January. We did have 23 on our current list that we received in the mail a few weeks back, but there is no guarantee they will get 10 people off this list, or any list for that matters, if things dont check out with applicants. Good luck to you and to all of us!
                  Last edited by 508NAVY; 05-16-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• urkebre
                    urkebre commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats man!!! Good for you! I have associates as well. I just hope they get to me because I'm towards the end of the list ! Stay in touch and good luck to you my friend!!

• scotty_appleton814
                    scotty_appleton814 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If they get 10 hires off a list of 23, I need to know their secret. Depending on which studies you ask, the range of good hires in a given list can range from 1 in 3 all the way to 1 in 10 to 20 if a big city area is testing.

Scotty well said, I’ve passed backgrounds for 4 different departments, and I’ve also heard the same thing. The reason Riverdale is hiring fairly often, is due to guys getting certified and going to nicer suburbs, and like you said, then never end up getting what they want to hire off a list. We had 60 people for Riverdale, and one of the officers said at least half will fail the written. We had one girl in the front who didn’t know what a power test is. One detective told me the reason you get so many background failures, is due to things ranging from Facebook, jobs, and driving records. The polygraph is a big axe for candidates.
                  Last edited by 508NAVY; 10-04-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Psychological weeds out most.

Comment

pysch is the easiest one. The Apply to serve lady was rambling about different instructions depending on your departments wants. "this will take 5-6 hours." 3.5 hours later i was done. The other applicants asked why it didn't take me so long.

Comment

Easiest to get you booted.

Comment

I have never taken a phsyc but I have taken a poly and that was no big deal at all..kind of not sure what to expect from a phsyc

Comment

Has anyone got the final eligibility list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8450 users online. 409 members and 8041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X