Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Police 2017 / December Exam

YUP

With slightly over 7000 passing the exam earlier this year, bosses at 35th Street are stating the list will run dry by the middle of 2018.

The game plan is to keep putting in classes of 90 to 100 (3 homerooms each month) and even with those numbers the department is not even going to keep up with the number of officers retiring.

The passing rate for the POWER test is running at around 45% according to a Deputy Chief I spoke to.

The test will formally be announced in a few weeks and it will cater to college students who will be in town on Christmas break in December.

Also they are planning to give the exam 3 times next year. The age to take the exam will be raised from 18 to 20 years old.

The State of Illinois is planning to go to a Tier 3 pension where it will be a much smaller pension with a combination of a 401K.
    Chicago would follow shortly with the same pension changes.
    The game plan would be to get on this job now before any pension cutbacks.

If you know anyone thinking about coming on the job NOW is the time !!!

Can people really not pass the POWER test? Granted I did fail one in 2013 by missing 1 sit-up, but just 2 months of decent training and you can pass it. I have passed every one since.

My question is, the passing rate of the Psych exam? That is the part I unfortunately got DQ'd for back in November 2016. I wonder how many people are weeded out from that? Especially considering it is the LAST part of the process.

I know they invited 137 people for my FPT back in November 2016. I wonder if they purposely made cuts so they could get it down to 100 or so. Speaking of, if anybody here graduated from the December 2016 academy class, how many people were in it? Very curious.

Comment

Would jump over in a heartbeat if they ever did a fast track for certified LEO's but we all know that will never happen

Comment

I can't believe it went from every 3 to 5 years for a CPD test to now a couple times a year! I do think the change from 18 to 20 years old was a good move because of how fast things are moving for people. This is probably welcome news for the county layoffs that are happening too.
        Be Humble. Stay Humble.

Comment

• AJM Ruler
          AJM Ruler commented
          Editing a comment
          It is nice, but I am on the 2016 and 2017 lists and they are starting to almost overlap now. Making it really confusing, lol.

I’ve been on 2013 list (DQed)
        2016 list (waiting for backgound)
        2017 list haven’t been called yet

still can’t get hired becasue I admitted to shoplifting $10 item when I was 15 and 19 years old. Never been arrested never been even detained by police but becasue of my honestly it’s hard to get hired. SMH

Comment

• 2016sthecharm
          2016sthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          AJM- I passed the polygraph but failed when it came to the “background standards”

• vilmama
          vilmama commented
          Editing a comment
          2016sthecharm what do you mean by “background standards” ?

• 2016sthecharm
          2016sthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          vilmama let’s say you have never been arrested and during your polygraph you tell the examiner “I stop a shirt from target in 2015” and let’s say you’re telling the truth. You’ll pass the polygraph becasue you weren’t lying however when it comes time to do your background the investigstor will disqualify you according to the criminal conduct standards.

There are standards Cpd follows when it comes to credit, drugs, criminal history, dishonesty.

If you shoplifted that T-shirt in 2005 it might not matter becasue I believe Cpd looks at the past 3-5 years only.

• vilmama
          vilmama commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha! Thank you.

Originally posted by CPD-Retired-On-Duty View Post
        YUP

With slightly over 7000 passing the exam earlier this year, bosses at 35th Street are stating the list will run dry by the middle of 2018.

The game plan is to keep putting in classes of 90 to 100 (3 homerooms each month) and even with those numbers the department is not even going to keep up with the number of officers retiring.

The passing rate for the POWER test is running at around 45% according to a Deputy Chief I spoke to.

The test will formally be announced in a few weeks and it will cater to college students who will be in town on Christmas break in December.

Also they are planning to give the exam 3 times next year. The age to take the exam will be raised from 18 to 20 years old.

The State of Illinois is planning to go to a Tier 3 pension where it will be a much smaller pension with a combination of a 401K.
        Chicago would follow shortly with the same pension changes.
        The game plan would be to get on this job now before any pension cutbacks.

If you know anyone thinking about coming on the job NOW is the time !!!
        Do you work for CPD?

Comment

Do you work for CPD?[/QUOTE]

Well "work" is a strong work but yes.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD-Retired-On-Duty View Post
            Do you work for CPD?

[/QUOTE]

Can I send you a PM? I have a couple questions for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Lapz View Post

Can I send you a PM? I have a couple questions for ya. [/QUOTE]

Sure

Comment

^Right on schedule! CPD-Retired-On-Duty

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-...-in-six-years/
                Be Humble. Stay Humble.

Comment

• AJM Ruler
                  AJM Ruler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am on the 2016 and 2017 lists, guess as long as it is free I will go for the next one.

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No that sounds ridiculous man just focus on the current processes! You're gonna confuse the heck out of your investigator lol. Good luck.

• AJM Ruler
                  AJM Ruler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just trying to be dedicated. I got DQ'd from the 2013 list, so tripling my odds then? Haha.

Click here TUESDAY 15 AUGUST to sign up ! !

https://home.chicagopolice.org/bethechange/

Comment

• AJM Ruler
                  AJM Ruler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe I will make it a record 4 times applied to CPD (2013 - DQ'd, 2016, 2017, and 2018)

Age to apply has been raised:

Minimum requirements to take the written examination:
                • Minimum age of 20 (must be 20 by December 31, 2017)

Comment

At least it's not like 2010 when you had to be 21 to take the exam and 25 to get hired....

Comment

Hello -

36 and just applied. Been working out 4-5 days a week for 3 weeks now. Currently 5'5 and 196 lbs.

I'm told exam is Dec.16th. Reading through the forms for a few days now I see the range and processes varies. What are the chances that I'll be hired on (with the expectation that I pass all areas of testing) by 40 which I see is the deadline?

"Dear Applicant:

This correspondence is to confirm receipt of your completed application for the December 2017 Police Officer exam.

Once the job posting closes, all candidates that submitted a complete application will be invited to sit for the written exam. The written exam will be held the weekend of December 16th in 2017. You should receive your official notice to report to the exam via e-mail no later than November 2017.

Please ensure that you continue to update your contact information. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the City of Chicago has their most current e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. Applicants can update their contact information by logging onto their CAREERS account at www.cityofchicago.org/PoliceApplication"
                    Last edited by CPD@Heart; 08-23-2017, 01:34 PM.
                    #36XX
                    Exam - 12/16/17
                    IPT - 3/17/18

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7062 users online. 272 members and 6790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X