Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is everyone so concerned about the money? Even the $48k base pay is very attractive to me. Maybe it’s because I’m 21, single and have no kids, but $72k seems like more than enough to me.

Comment

• KMM
      KMM commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's because you are 21, single and have no kids. I've seen a lot of people feeling very sensitive and or offended when others on this board express they will be taking and initial (and happily accepting) pay cut. I haven't seen one person complain or act as if they're doing the city a favor by accepting a cut. If people weren't able to absorb a cut or weren't happy to take one, they wouldn't be here going through this process. Everyone is in a different financial situation and that's totally fine.
      Last edited by KMM; 08-08-2018, 07:48 AM.

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      KMM Yeah no question a single 21 year old with no kids is not going to experience the financial burden as much as someone with a wife and kids and have a little more flexibility financially but that is also assuming their spouse isn't working or helping out as well. So I agree everyone's situation is different but it's doable if you and your family make some adjustments.

Has anyone taken their power test at Nipsta? I have my power test for CPD coming up but I was deciding on taking the power test at Nipsta so I could also apply to other police departments. What kind of bench press did they use and in regards to the sit ups did everyone that participated do them together or did everyone go one at a time. Thank you.

Comment

• J2H
      J2H commented
      Editing a comment
      No need to post this in a bunch of different threads, it just clutters things

• Raiden341
      Raiden341 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bench press is a machine that was probably built during the Soviet Union. It's kind of a pain, but its manageable. The sit ups are done in groups

Hi can anyone tell me what to expect while in the academy? How difficult is it really? And also once my background check is complete how long is the process before you’re invited to the academy?

Comment

Hello everyone! I am newly employed and will start in about a week. I have a question that no one from CPD was able to answer yet ( I might have better luck when I go sign my paperwork soon at HQ) however I am currently a city of chicago employee and have questions regarding about my benefits. As a city employee can I roll over my pension to CPDs? Or would anyone know who I can call to find out? I asked my department and just said to go bug CPD. I also am interested in rolling over my deferred comp too. If anyone would know the answer on how or if I can do this that will be greatly appreciated

Comment

• Jay2337
        Jay2337 commented
        Editing a comment
        They’ll explain all this to you in your first couple days in the academy

• NoBody312
        NoBody312 commented
        Editing a comment
        Talk to the benefits coordinator.

I was a CPD employee (civilian) going to PO...... the pension was not transferable. If you work for CPD though your TIME counts towards years of service with the city.

Originally posted by Cpdd View Post
      Hello everyone! I am newly employed and will start in about a week. I have a question that no one from CPD was able to answer yet ( I might have better luck when I go sign my paperwork soon at HQ) however I am currently a city of chicago employee and have questions regarding about my benefits. As a city employee can I roll over my pension to CPDs? Or would anyone know who I can call to find out? I asked my department and just said to go bug CPD. I also am interested in rolling over my deferred comp too. If anyone would know the answer on how or if I can do this that will be greatly appreciated
      The pension cannot go into the "Chicago Police Pension" (only CFD Fire, suburban police, Cook County Sheriff or military)

You can however "roll" the pension monies into the Nationwide 457D Deferred Comp plan tax free.
      You can maintain your current Deferred Comp as long as it's with Nationwide. Otherwise any 401K or 457D plan can can be rolled over into the Nationwide 457D plan.

Nationwide is at: https://www.chicagodeferredcomp.com/...comp/index.jsp

Their phone number/contact is:

205 W. Randolph Street, Suite 1540
      Chicago, IL 60606
      1-855-457-CITY (2489)
      Hours: 8:30 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday

Comment

• Cpdd
        Cpdd commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I am with Nationwide. I will roll over my pension to the 457D. Thank you again for this information.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10915 users online. 472 members and 10443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X