300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOP Family Member Stickers

Can anyone tell me the best place to put an FOP family memeber sticker on a car? I was thinking near the VIN number. They're the window stickers that attach to the inside of your windshield.

Originally posted by ts622
    Can anyone tell me the best place to put an FOP family memeber sticker on a car? I was thinking near the VIN number. They're the window stickers that attach to the inside of your windshield.
    I put no stickers or medallions on my car. If you must however, the official spot to put it is on the lower right portion of your windshield to the left of your city sticker.

Are you really a family member or did you buy it on e-Bay? I would think the family member that gave it to you would have told you where to put it.
    Last edited by SeVere; 03-17-2007, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Put it right above the city sticker. That's where my active (and almost all of the other coppers are) and my in laws are. If someone's going to tag the car, they'll see it when they go to get the sticker #. Also on a stop, it stands out more.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet
        Put it right above the city sticker. That's where my active (and almost all of the other coppers are) and my in laws are. If someone's going to tag the car, they'll see it when they go to get the sticker #. Also on a stop, it stands out more.
        I see it to the left of the city sticker must be a Northside thing.
        Last edited by SeVere; 03-17-2007, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I also have St. Jude's next to it, just covering my bases to make sure the short, PR, Deacon has everyone hold hands at my wake.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere
            I put no stickers or medallions on my car.
            Exactly. Why dime yourself out as being a LEO or a LEO family member....?

I cringe when I see FOP plates, license holders from FLETC (or any agency for that matter), and any stickers related to LE on a vehicle.....and an obvious family member with kids is driving the vehicle......

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere
              I put no stickers or medallions on my car. If you must however, the official spot to put it is on the lower right portion of your windshield to the left of your city sticker.

Are you really a family member or did you buy it on e-Bay? I would think the family member that gave it to you would have told you where to put it.

Neither, I'm the cop. I'm just out of the academy and know where the medalions go on the outside of the car but I've never really noticed the ones for the inside of the windshield. The stickers were given to me by the FOP and I will pass them onto my family members. They can use them if they want to, or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357
                Exactly. Why dime yourself out as being a LEO or a LEO family member....?

I cringe when I see FOP plates, license holders from FLETC (or any agency for that matter), and any stickers related to LE on a vehicle.....and an obvious family member with kids is driving the vehicle......

These stickers say "Family of an FOP member" not "Active FOP Memeber". Like I said, they can use them or throw them away. Personally, I don't put anything on my car either.
                Last edited by ts622; 03-17-2007, 11:26 PM.

Comment

My car is registered to my dad, current FOP, and I have both a medallion and a sticker (not family, but just FOP) on my car next to my city sticker. I have a St. Jude's also. And I'm from the Northside, although I never realized that had anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by joanna
                    My car is registered to my dad, current FOP, and I have both a medallion and a sticker (not family, but just FOP) on my car next to my city sticker. I have a St. Jude's also. And I'm from the Northside, although I never realized that had anything to do with it.
                    They can keep all those stickers and Medallions. My car does not have a single sticker and it won't ever.

I learned that lesson very early on. It makes you and your car a target.

Thanks but no thanks.

Comment

If you would not be willing to put such a sticker on your own car for safety reasons, then why would you give them to family members?

These stickers say "Family of an FOP member" not "Active FOP Memeber". Like I said, they can use them or throw them away. Personally, I don't put anything on my car either.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFL6
                        If you would not be willing to put such a sticker on your own car for safety reasons, then why would you give them to family members?

My family doesn't live the the Chicagoland area so safety really isn't a concern with them having them. They were handed out to me at an FOP meeting and I have no use for them. Maybe I'll just sell them on Ebay and be done with it! LOL! Joking of course

Comment

Are these stickers made up by your local lodge? Reason I ask is the Grand Lodge is cracking down on NON-LEO's, such as your extended family using these "courtesy" stickers, to get out of jams? And then you run the risk of getting yourself in a jam when your family member gets into trouble and they say "oh my bro-in law or cousin, etc works for ___PD"...Just a suggestions since you mentioned, just hitting the streets.

My suggestion is not to hand them out. Throw them away unless you truely want to get them hurt or put them in a situation. I see way too many people running around with "thin-blue line" stickers all over their car and when they are on a traffic stop, they are expected to get off.

The Grand Lodge FOP is actually wanting memebers to send them info on non-members using decals, license tags who are non LEO.

Be careful.
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

720 ILCS 5/17-2 Impersonating member of Police, Fraternal or Veteran's organization or representative of charitable organization

a) A person comnits a false personation when he falsely represents himself to be a member of any police, fraternal or veterans organization, including the Illinois Police Association, or representative of any charitable organization , or when any person exibits or uses in any manner any decal, badge or insignia of any police organization when not authorized to do so by such police organization.

Comment

My suggestion is not to hand them out. Throw them away unless you truely want to get them hurt or put them in a situation. I see way too many people running around with "thin-blue line" stickers all over their car and when they are on a traffic stop, they are expected to get off.

Yes, they're from the lodge. I was going to give them to my immediate family but after reading the post I agree that they're a pain in the a** and will just destroy them. Thanks for the info everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10020 users online. 379 members and 9641 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X