300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Holland or Calumet City 2017

Hello everyone, both South Holland and Calumet City are testing. South Hollands written is on the same day as Cal City's Orientation, so I can only choose one. Can anyone provide any input that would help me make a decision. I know South Holland has a three mile radius residency which is a down side. But they also pay about $4000.00 more than Calumet City. I'm looking for any info on the type of department each one is, if they're actually looking to hire right off the bat, how difficult each ones written is, if either pd is overly political etc.* Thank in advance for any info that might help.

Unless you already live in South Holland or want to live there for your entire career take Cal City. You'll make up the money in OT at Cal City. On the plus side, Cal City is a bigger department with more officers, more opportunity to move to different positions within the department, and you'll do a lot of actual police work. But then again you have to work in Cal City.

Not sure about the test that either one uses, but score well and you'll get your shot to get on.

Comment

• pacman2
      pacman2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great. Thanks a lot for the info much appreciated. I live in Lake County, IL. So, not really wanting to relocate if I don't have to. And I would rather work for a busier department.

I can agree, more opportunities at Cal City. I think it's a 90 officer department for a city with a population of only about 40,000 take that for what it'says worth. Call City is a busy town and you will get experience you probably want. Not saying that South Holland is all milk and cookies, but you will get more thrown at you faster at Cal City. There is a Cal City or former Cal City copper on this forum, maybe he will reach out to you.

Comment

• pacman2
      pacman2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. It's looking like Cal City. I hope that Cal City Copper does reach out.

It looks like Cal City uses COPS for the written? I thought I saw that somewhere while looking over the application

Comment

• pacman2
      pacman2 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's bad news. COPS&FIRE Written test is the most dumbest test in my opinion. I've passed every other test I"ve taken but that one. They don't give you enough time. You'll have like 25 questions and 3 minutes to answer them all. What I answered, I'm pretty sure I got right but finishing the sections was the problems. Anyway, thanks for the input. Not sure if I'll give it another try at the COPS test or just go with South Holland.

What's up Scotty! scotty_appleton814 . Any information you need regarding both places i can be moe detail in a pm.

If you want to be the police and have (which rarely exist at some PD's) fun definitely Cal City! You make more money in the long ru with Cal City.

South Holland doesn't allow you to be as proactive compared to Cal City. Administration in Cal City are very supportive and micro managing does not exist.

Better PD is Cal City. Any specific questions you can post here.

Comment

pacman2 yeah, I agree, it is a dumb test. I too have not had success with it, although I only took it once. I was also debating between those two departments, I would rather give CC a try, as I am not moving to South Holland.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11912 users online. 401 members and 11511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X