300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Des Plaines PD

Hello everyone, I noticed that Des Plaines recently started accepting applications. Does anyone know how many they plan to hire? Any information about the department?

It's a good department and they are looking to hire a lot. I have a few buddies at this department and this is what they told me. 110 people made the list last year and they already finished the list. Last year they gave out the lst exam which I thought was really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by mclovin45 View Post
      It's a good department and they are looking to hire a lot. I have a few buddies at this department and this is what they told me. 110 people made the list last year and they already finished the list. Last year they gave out the lst exam which I thought was really hard.
      They went through heir list thats valid from sept2016 to sept2018...how many did they hire?

Comment

• gksk8monk
        gksk8monk commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard a few months ago that 9-ish were hired off that list, with a few more still in line

Anyone know what the hiring process is like for this department?

Comment

Originally posted by chicagocop.12 View Post
        Hello everyone, I noticed that Des Plaines recently started accepting applications. Does anyone know how many they plan to hire? Any information about the department?
        Plqn to hire at least a couple. It's a very tough department. The pass rate for the FTO program is between 50-75%. They expect their PPOs to know the geography of the town and how to be the police by the time they graduate the academy. If you aren't good at those things, I wouldn't bother applying. They usually send around 4 to the academy and it's almost guaranteed that 1-2 will fail FTO and get fired (or given the option to resign).

They work 5-2 , 5-3. Days and afternoons rotate every month while midnights stay the same. Probation is 18 months after the academy.

If you are good at being the police though, you will be compensated well.

Comment

Is it a busy department?

Comment

Originally posted by chicagocop.12 View Post
            Is it a busy department?
            That's a relative term... not as busy as the south burbs or certain districts in Chicago. But as far as a northern suburb goes, yes you will stay busy, there are plenty of businesses and residences and major roads and thoroughfares that run through it.

Comment

I just cant believe they exhausted their list of 100+ candidates in 5-6 months

Comment

They have hi standards and require certain arrests to be made during fto long list of criteria you need to accomplish= lots of arrests . went to academy with a few men and saw the list lol if youre lazy you wont last lol

Comment

Originally posted by urkebre View Post
                  I just cant believe they exhausted their list of 100+ candidates in 5-6 months
                  I'm sure they didn't offer 100 people a job. Most of the suburbs are pulling from the same pool of applicants. How many of the same people end up on different eligibility lists. When the tests are being offered, how many of the same faces are at the tests?

They happen to have vacancies like every other agency in the country. Depts are short staffed, communication centers are short staffed. Most agencies if you are in FTO you will normally make lots of arrests, we are a trial by fire kind of field. I'm on a tangent, what the original question?

Comment

Anyone who is on the current hiring list (passed oral board interview) on this forum?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5793 users online. 232 members and 5561 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X