... Monty, ...
    Thanks for your good work.

Regards,

Monty

Leave a comment:

• impala_ws6
    replied
    Originally posted by rip612 View Post

how someone having tattoos makes you look like a thug? lol. you must be some guy that got no sense of humor neither enjoyed life.
    Dude quit being butt hurt! You got chicago cops and retired who have given you then answer. CPD is full of unprofessional looking slobs! That's just the truth, and it's all because we've lowered the standards to the point where gangbangers can now become cops! Do your self a favor and stay in New York, this dept has gotten nothing good from New York!

Leave a comment:

• 19-Paul
    replied
    Originally posted by rip612 View Post

you think neck tattoos are disgusting, well you dont even know the meaning of art. yeah i get that some people have neck tats with dumb **** but others have decent tats on their neck also. it doesnt make a person better or less. ive seen and met people with tats on their neck that have become very successful in life and rich. people are just too hypocritical now a days.
    Yeah because neck tattoos scream "art". I have tattoos myself but because I wanted to be taken serious in life and knew what my careers goals were; I got them where you can't see them. Most departments have a tattoo policy because they want their officers to be uniform, has nothing to do with being "successful and rich". You may get hired with a neck tattoo but that doesn't stop fellow officers or civilians from judging you or bosses from giving you grief during inspection. Also you're welcome for answering your question. Your skin maybe be covered in "art" but it sure ain't thick! Good luck
    Last edited by 19-Paul; 03-24-2017, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rip612
    replied
    Last edited by rip612; 06-26-2018, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rip612
    replied
    Last edited by rip612; 06-26-2018, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 19-Paul
    replied
    Welcome to the Chicago Police Department! Face/neck/full sleeve Tattoos and gang bangers are welcomed; just don't you dare take police action because you'll get thrown under the bus, stripped, and left without a pay check.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    So I guess face tats are ok too... Jesus. What a monkey ****....

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Originally posted by 19-Paul View Post

Yup pretty much. Some officers can't even wear the correct uniform. But then again most bosses don't care enough to write up officers. Unfortunately there is not much enforcement on our uniform standards and there are very few inspectors city wide. I personally think neck tattoos are disgusting, no matter what you do for a living.
    Pretty much. We had a dic (meritorious, of course) that had the "Sideshow Bob" hair thing going on. Commander twice told the Sgt. to tell him to cut the hair. Sgt, who was afraid of his own shadow wouldn't, so the Cmdr. had to tell him herself. Personally, I never gave a shiate about most tats, as they were military, personal, etc. But the up the neck stuff looked like crap. Hey, there was one Sgt. that sported his 6 point star with "GD" under it on his arm.

And luckily, Monty, who's not the Police knows all about the tattoo policy for some unknown reason.

Leave a comment:

• mikejones85
    replied
    Originally posted by big_girl View Post
    CPD cant afford to be too picky when only 50 people show up on day one. Clearly visible head and hand tats are common occurance.
    They can be picky as much as they want. They have a **** ton of people lined up. They may be backlogged in the process but they have options. Dont let a small class fool you. Thousands of folks are still waiting and thousands more will be taking the test next weekend

Leave a comment:

• big_girl
    replied
    CPD cant afford to be too picky when only 50 people show up on day one. Clearly visible head and hand tats are common occurance.

Leave a comment:

• 19-Paul
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    So you guys'll look like the Thugs..? Really Professional.
    Yup pretty much. Some officers can't even wear the correct uniform. But then again most bosses don't care enough to write up officers. Unfortunately there is not much enforcement on our uniform standards and there are very few inspectors city wide. I personally think neck tattoos are disgusting, no matter what you do for a living.
    Last edited by 19-Paul; 03-23-2017, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    CPD Supt. Garry McCarthy a few years ago said no visible tats; more recently (late in 2016) Supt. Eddie Johnson said they're ok -- if you're a tattoo artist, maybe it's not all the way stupid to get a tat you can't cover with your work clothes -- maybe but probably not -- suggest don't get any tattoos -- especially not anywhere a summer uniform won't cover -- if you get 1 or 2, it/they will make you look like you got a "you have to represent" decision inflicted on you -- if you get more, it's like you're trying to make sure everyone can see that it's voluntary -- and everyone still knows the earlier ones maybe weren't -- anyway, tat policies might change, but tats are inarguably permanent -- even a lasered-off one remains evident as something having been there previously.

Leave a comment:

• GoZombie
    replied
    99. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 19-Paul
    replied
    Yes, check out the uniform and personal appearance, says nothing about tattoos. The personal appearance directive was revised in October 2016.

http://directives.chicagopolice.org/directives/

Leave a comment:

• GoZombie
    replied
    Originally posted by 19-Paul View Post
    Tattoos no longer have to be covered. That was a short lived policy that got overturned when Garry got the boot.
    Even tattoos on the face, neck, or hands?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8432 users online. 451 members and 7981 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X