300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago pd tattoo policy?

Last edited by rip612; 06-26-2018, 09:24 AM.

What I found was...
    required areas not covered by clothing, such as the face, neck and hands, to be covered with matching skin tone adhesive bandage or tattoo cover-up tape.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Comment

Tattoos no longer have to be covered. That was a short lived policy that got overturned when Garry got the boot.
      Last edited by 19-Paul; 03-23-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

So you guys'll look like the Thugs..? Really Professional.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by 19-Paul View Post
          Tattoos no longer have to be covered. That was a short lived policy that got overturned when Garry got the boot.
          Even tattoos on the face, neck, or hands?

Comment

Yes, check out the uniform and personal appearance, says nothing about tattoos. The personal appearance directive was revised in October 2016.

http://directives.chicagopolice.org/directives/

Comment

99. Thank you.

Comment

CPD Supt. Garry McCarthy a few years ago said no visible tats; more recently (late in 2016) Supt. Eddie Johnson said they're ok -- if you're a tattoo artist, maybe it's not all the way stupid to get a tat you can't cover with your work clothes -- maybe but probably not -- suggest don't get any tattoos -- especially not anywhere a summer uniform won't cover -- if you get 1 or 2, it/they will make you look like you got a "you have to represent" decision inflicted on you -- if you get more, it's like you're trying to make sure everyone can see that it's voluntary -- and everyone still knows the earlier ones maybe weren't -- anyway, tat policies might change, but tats are inarguably permanent -- even a lasered-off one remains evident as something having been there previously.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  So you guys'll look like the Thugs..? Really Professional.
                  Yup pretty much. Some officers can't even wear the correct uniform. But then again most bosses don't care enough to write up officers. Unfortunately there is not much enforcement on our uniform standards and there are very few inspectors city wide. I personally think neck tattoos are disgusting, no matter what you do for a living.
                  Last edited by 19-Paul; 03-23-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

CPD cant afford to be too picky when only 50 people show up on day one. Clearly visible head and hand tats are common occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by big_girl View Post
                      CPD cant afford to be too picky when only 50 people show up on day one. Clearly visible head and hand tats are common occurance.
                      They can be picky as much as they want. They have a **** ton of people lined up. They may be backlogged in the process but they have options. Dont let a small class fool you. Thousands of folks are still waiting and thousands more will be taking the test next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by 19-Paul View Post

Yup pretty much. Some officers can't even wear the correct uniform. But then again most bosses don't care enough to write up officers. Unfortunately there is not much enforcement on our uniform standards and there are very few inspectors city wide. I personally think neck tattoos are disgusting, no matter what you do for a living.
                        Pretty much. We had a dic (meritorious, of course) that had the "Sideshow Bob" hair thing going on. Commander twice told the Sgt. to tell him to cut the hair. Sgt, who was afraid of his own shadow wouldn't, so the Cmdr. had to tell him herself. Personally, I never gave a shiate about most tats, as they were military, personal, etc. But the up the neck stuff looked like crap. Hey, there was one Sgt. that sported his 6 point star with "GD" under it on his arm.

And luckily, Monty, who's not the Police knows all about the tattoo policy for some unknown reason.

Comment

So I guess face tats are ok too... Jesus. What a monkey ****....
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Welcome to the Chicago Police Department! Face/neck/full sleeve Tattoos and gang bangers are welcomed; just don't you dare take police action because you'll get thrown under the bus, stripped, and left without a pay check.

Comment

Last edited by rip612; 06-26-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8306 users online. 379 members and 7927 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X