300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LockednLoaded
    I just want to make sure that you guys took the physical for CO, right?
    Yup. Was suppose to be the "easier" way in.

Comment

Originally posted by aftermath
      No offense but having come from the academy and being prepped for it by Ofc. Carpenter and Sgt. Shannon, I know for a fact you take the state equivalent of the POWER test in the last few weeks of the academy. As far as the DI, I was being lazy and didn't feel like writing out Training Coordinators.
      Hate to be a ***** about it, but I like to make sure that people hoping to on CCDOC have the right information about the job.

You must be in the academy right now, and not have graduated yet because no one in the last 15 years, if not more or ever, has taken this test to graduate from the CCDOC academy.

http://www.ptb.state.il.us/publications/POWER.pdf
      WIISAD
      While invisible, I see and destroy.

Comment

Originally posted by iflyaaord
        Hate to be a ***** about it, but I like to make sure that people hoping to on CCDOC have the right information about the job.

You must be in the academy right now, and not have graduated yet because no one in the last 15 years, if not more or ever, has taken this test to graduate from the CCDOC academy.

http://www.ptb.state.il.us/publications/POWER.pdf
        Sgt. Shannon? Yea, he sounds new. Not my CCDOC class nor anyone else's that I know actually had to formally pass the POWER test during the academy. They sure would threaten the class with it.. claiming we would have to take it near the end of the 3 months.. but they never did.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt
          Sgt. Shannon? Yea, he sounds new. Not my CCDOC class nor anyone else's that I know actually had to formally pass the POWER test during the academy. They sure would threaten the class with it.. claiming we would have to take it near the end of the 3 months.. but they never did.
          When I took the physical Last Saturday, I asked one of the academy instructors and they claim its in the works to incorporate the state power test.

Comment

Dana Shannon is a female for one, and for two, she is the head sgt. in charge of the training academy. Call up Director Wagner and get the answer for yourself. I was in 06-04 and that was what we were in training for.

Comment

Dana Shannon is a female for one, and for two, she is the head sgt. in charge of the training academy. Call up Director Wagner and get the answer for yourself. I was in 06-04 and that was what we were in training for.
              I was referring to you being new. She may be head of it now, but came onto the academy no earlier than 2006. Carpenter worked her Stroger juice and went onto Sheriff's Police. When they cut.. I wonder if she was allowed to come back to the jail. She is an excellent individual.

Comment

I was a CO for Cook County

I had Sgt. Shannon. During the academy they did keep saying that the workouts were in preparation for some sort of physical requirements that we had to meet. They DIDN'T say P.O.W.E.R. test however, and there was no bench pressing of any kind. By the end of the academy, if they did test us on our physical prowess, they didn't tell US about it.

Comment

I was referring to you being new. She may be head of it now, but came onto the academy no earlier than 2006. Carpenter worked her Stroger juice and went onto Sheriff's Police. When they cut.. I wonder if she was allowed to come back to the jail. She is an excellent individual.
                  Suprised at that with Carpenter. Didn't think she wanted to go over to Sheriff's Police. She was a good instructor, informative and fair. Can't say for sure when Shannon took over, I just know she was in charge when I was there last may. Blankenship though was probably the best instructor I had. That guy is the stuff, funny and he'd watch out for ya. Him and one of the SORT guys that monitored us (can't remember his name). Good people. What ever happened with the Police returning or being moved to CO's? They nix that?

Comment

Suprised at that with Carpenter. Didn't think she wanted to go over to Sheriff's Police. She was a good instructor, informative and fair. Can't say for sure when Shannon took over, I just know she was in charge when I was there last may. Blankenship though was probably the best instructor I had. That guy is the stuff, funny and he'd watch out for ya. Him and one of the SORT guys that monitored us (can't remember his name). Good people. What ever happened with the Police returning or being moved to CO's? They nix that?
                    Blankenship is one of the very few people at the academy that actually came out of the jail. Great guy.

This moring they had the fax going around of all the people from DCSI - EM/Fugitive Warrants that are being sent back to the jail this week.

As for the other moves, etc.. I heard they are having a rough time getting court deputies to come over and be jail deputies.

We won't really know how all of this will pan out till later into the summer.

Comment

Blankenship is one of the very few people at the academy that actually came out of the jail. Great guy.

This moring they had the fax going around of all the people from DCSI - EM/Fugitive Warrants that are being sent back to the jail this week.

As for the other moves, etc.. I heard they are having a rough time getting court deputies to come over and be jail deputies.

We won't really know how all of this will pan out till later into the summer.
                      If my job was potentially going to be axed, I'd jump ship to CO from Courts anyday. Oh well, guess it's like it was said earlier, they may be too scared...

Comment

If my job was potentially going to be axed, I'd jump ship to CO from Courts anyday. Oh well, guess it's like it was said earlier, they may be too scared...
                        Or think they are too politically heavy to actually have to make the move!

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere
                          I'd venture to say it's a little bit of both.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere
                            Wonder if they'll feel that way when the write up the release papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Art25
                              Once you get to the academy, what's the physical training like?
                              A whole lot of BS! The stress level is high! They are sadistic and the mentality is if you can't handle the bs in the academy how can you handle the jail?
                              One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog
                                A whole lot of BS! The stress level is high! They are sadistic and the mentality is if you can't handle the bs in the academy how can you handle the jail?
                                Damn 100% on target there. They like to play army alot too, like it's bootcamp for Iraq.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6172 users online. 291 members and 5881 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X