Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cook County Physical agility?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cook County Physical agility?

    Anyone show up to the cook county physical agility today at MVCC? About 86 people showed up, about 35% failed. I couldn't believe how many people failed the pushup's and the obstacle course. They were given second chances too. I never seen so many people slip and fall on the obstacle course. Not wasn't the only reason people failed. Good luck to everyone who is taking it.

  • #2
    i was there, and yea a lot of people were not in the best shape, but i think it had more to do with how much they wanted it.

    Comment


    • #3
      When I took it last year everyone who passed the step test pretty much passed I was really amazed how easy they where on some people. If people tried they pretty much passed. I have been certified since Oct. and have not heard anything yet.

      Comment


      • #4
        What does the obstacle course consist of...what is the other testing?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 0311Grunt
          What does the obstacle course consist of...what is the other testing?
          It's a joke. If you look up the IDOC test, that's what it is. However, once you get to the academy, they then require you to pass the POWER test to complete the academy. The first "test" though, is stepping in pace to a metronome (sp?). It's just 1,2,3,4 pace and stepping left up, right up, left down, right down, repeat. After that, 17 push ups down to a fist and up. Then I believe a sit and reach. After that's all done, a simple course where you start by laying down. You hop up, run to a cone, do a squat kick thrust type deal, run to 3 other cones side to side, do 2 more squats, then it's a shuttle run out. It's a crap course that is over in less than 30 seconds. Just eliminates a majority of the couch potatoes. However, if people pass that, seriously prep on the POWER test as day 1 is out of the gate full speed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 0311Grunt
            What does the obstacle course consist of...what is the other testing?
            Its a 4 item test. First you have to step test. Its a 16 inch platform you have to go up and down on, left foot up, right foot up, left foot down right foot down. With the beat of the tape. They had about 9-10 platforms with each monitor behind the person making sure is doing it properly. You only have one chance in doing it. If you kick the platform, fall, or fall behind, your out.

            Second portion is the grip test. You have to grip this device up to 25 pounds in each hand. Its real easy but, the monitor did say no one is the history of cook county has ever failed that portion.

            Third portion is the push up's. They are very strict on these. Men had to do military style while the women had to do the girl style push ups. The monitor stuck his fist under your chest and you had to touch it going down. If it didn't touch, the repitition didn't count. There were alot of fails from both men and women on this portion.

            Last portion was the obstacle course. You have 30 seconds or less to complete it. You have to run around some cones, do some squat thrusts, touch a few markers but overall it was easy. Alot of people failed this portion.

            You are given a second chance though on the pushups and obstacle course if you fail the first time. Overall if you are in half way good shape you should pass this test without any problems.

            IDOC website has the list of tests if you wish to look it up.

            Comment


            • #7
              I took it in '04. Then, they were letting applicants have 2 chances to pass on everything but the step. Are they still doing that?
              One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

              Comment


              • #8
                It's just amazing how people just don't prepare for the physical tests. I mean, what are they thinking?

                Grunt, I'm sure you'd pass any police tests with no problem since you were in the military.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cclawdog
                  I took it in '04. Then, they were letting applicants have 2 chances to pass on everything but the step. Are they still doing that?

                  Wouldn't doubt it. The applicant pool is weak to begin with. After they do all the BI and interviews and such, they'd be screwed if they were stricter but they let alot slide apparently.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ccdoc

                    Once you get to the academy, what's the physical training like?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Art25
                      Once you get to the academy, what's the physical training like?
                      Lots of running, stretching, etc. You do about 10 or 15 exercises each day to warm up. Then you run until the DI's feel like letting you stop. Then you do a crap load of push ups each day when someone screws up. All in preparation of the POWER test. Plus academics. Gotta know the law to enforce it and so you don't screw yourself out of a job.

                      Lots o' fun to be honest.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just want to make sure that you guys took the physical for CO, right?
                        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LockednLoaded
                          I just want to make sure that you guys took the physical for CO, right?

                          Yeah, for CO's.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by aftermath
                            It's a joke. If you look up the IDOC test, that's what it is. However, once you get to the academy, they then require you to pass the POWER test to complete the academy. The first "test" though, is stepping in pace to a metronome (sp?). It's just 1,2,3,4 pace and stepping left up, right up, left down, right down, repeat. After that, 17 push ups down to a fist and up. Then I believe a sit and reach. After that's all done, a simple course where you start by laying down. You hop up, run to a cone, do a squat kick thrust type deal, run to 3 other cones side to side, do 2 more squats, then it's a shuttle run out. It's a crap course that is over in less than 30 seconds. Just eliminates a majority of the couch potatoes. However, if people pass that, seriously prep on the POWER test as day 1 is out of the gate full speed.
                            Maybe you just made a mistake here, but I can guarantee all the readers of this thread that there is no state P.O.W.E.R. test in order to graduate from the CCDOC academy. In fact, this test is never given to anyone in CCDOC unless you are already an officer and are testing for a specialized unit within the department. Plus the instructors are not called D.I.'s, but rather Training Coordinators.
                            WIISAD
                            While invisible, I see and destroy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by iflyaaord
                              Maybe you just made a mistake here, but I can guarantee all the readers of this thread that there is no state P.O.W.E.R. test in order to graduate from the CCDOC academy. In fact, this test is never given to anyone in CCDOC unless you are already an officer and are testing for a specialized unit within the department. Plus the instructors are not called D.I.'s, but rather Training Coordinators.
                              No offense but having come from the academy and being prepped for it by Ofc. Carpenter and Sgt. Shannon, I know for a fact you take the state equivalent of the POWER test in the last few weeks of the academy. As far as the DI, I was being lazy and didn't feel like writing out Training Coordinators.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 7224 users online. 210 members and 7014 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X