300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Internships

I'm a student at ISU and I was wondering if anyone here knows of any student internship positions available for police departments in the Chicagoland area. Thank you for the help

Hi,
    I was fortunate enough to participate in two police internships while attending college.
    I did my first one with Elmwood Park, and my second one with Berwyn.
    Loved both of them.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Comment

Originally posted by GoZombie View Post
      Hi,
      I was fortunate enough to participate in two police internships while attending college.
      I did my first one with Elmwood Park, and my second one with Berwyn.
      Loved both of them.
      Thanks for the response, can I ask what they had you do? also would you know if they have any available this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ceelo_Green View Post
        I'm a student at ISU and I was wondering if anyone here knows of any student internship positions available for police departments in the Chicagoland area. Thank you for the help
        Illinois state police offers internships that count toward credit hours if you are pursuing a CJ degree.

Comment

I rotated and spent time in every department within the Police Department: investigations, patrol, tac, front office, dispatch, and junevile.

I just shadowed and observed their roles and functions. I enjoyed both!

I dont believe Elmwood Park offers internships every summer; however, I believe Berwyn does.

It may sound like a hassle, but what I did was I literally contacted about 25 different police departments and asked if they were offering summer internships. A lot of them said no, but a couple of them said yes!

If I were you, I'd begin to call multiple police departments that you're interested in, and see if they offer a summer internship program.

If they do, follow the proper procedures from both the police department and your University to ensure you 1) can participate in their police internship, and 2) you earn college credit for completing the internship.

If they don't, call another police department.

Good luck!

Comment

Ah, yes. That's another important thing that should be mentioned.

Your degree matters!

Both police departments I interned at required a degree relating to Law Enforcement.

Even though I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, I minored in Criminology--so it worked out for me.

Comment

Awesome thank you all for the responses!

Comment

Joliet Police Department. Great internship program. Work with investigations, SWAT, traffic unit, patrol, dispatch, administration and the K-9 units.
                Vaya con dios

Comment

We offer internships. Send me a PM with your name and telephone number and someone will reach out to you with the details. The recruitment team doesn't handle internships, so I may not know all of the minutia associated with our program, but for general questions feel free to ask. We take up to two interns per semester, and we've been hosting interns for years. We've had students from 2-year colleges and 4-year universities.

Comment

Originally posted by MPPD Recruitment Team View Post
                    We offer internships. Send me a PM with your name and telephone number and someone will reach out to you with the details. The recruitment team doesn't handle internships, so I may not know all of the minutia associated with our program, but for general questions feel free to ask. We take up to two interns per semester, and we've been hosting interns for years. We've had students from 2-year colleges and 4-year universities.
                    That would be excellent, thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7338 users online. 241 members and 7097 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X