Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Probation / US Probation Officer - Vacancy - Illinois - HELP?!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Probation / US Probation Officer - Vacancy - Illinois - HELP?!

Hey all, looking to gather some info., particularly anyone who either is a Federal/US Probation Officer or may have or currently work with them in a task force setting or some other way.

Based on my research thus far, it seems like a great LE career!

FLETC training (though modified and not as arduous as CITP - 1811), law-enforcement retirement and benefits via FERS.

Can anyone tell me about the LE culture for the Northern District of Illinois aka CHICAGO office as well as the CENTRAL ILLINOIS district (urbana, peoria, Springfield).?

District/Office Environment, I would like to know if they're more of the "hug a thug" variety or are they very pro-law enforcement in that they're not all uptight on Officers "concealing" their govt. issued weapons, working on inter-agency local/federal task forces. Do they do some arrests or is like many other districts in which the USMS teams with them in order to arrest their absconders/fugitives? Do they qualify with their personal weapon for off-duty carry? I saw a video in which many probation officers were in the Chicago office, none of which seemingly were open-carrying/armed.

What's the additional training atmosphere like? Are the central Illinois or northern district of Illinois (Chicago) offices great about USPO's getting additional fletc or in-state ILETSB law-enforcement training that may or may not be directly related to their duties or is ist strictly social work-oriented training? I'd like to gauge how much they value officer safety. Seems like they get decent initial FLETC training:

Photos here : --> https://flic.kr/s/aHskdb8h95

How long do USPO's stay in their role until they're subsequently promoted to Supervisory USPO's -> Deputy Chief -->Assistant Chief --> Chief? What will get you promoted there (clout, specific advanced degrees, tenure)?

G-rides (squad cars) - Do USPO's assigned to the central district of Illinois (urbana, springfield, peoria) or northern district (Chicago) get take home cars? Do Officers share cars? Are the G-ride USPO vehicles equipped with emergency lighting/siren equipment? (some districts have them from what I heard)

TELEWORK/Work from home: What are the current practices for telework for Central Illinois and Chicago? Some districts don't do it, some allow it, some let Officers completely have autonomy over their schedule as long as it equals 40 hours a week.

Payscale for Rest of the US (applicable to Central District of Illinois) - What are most newly appointed/sworn USPO's starting out in central IL and Chicago, those that have advanced degree and relevant prior experience in criminal investigations at a police agency, 1811 for feds, or state or county probation/parole? For the two Illinois districts?

Supervising Probation Officers, Assistant Deputy Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs in the JSP (judicial salary plan)? Based on the pay scale from the court personnel salary (CPS) Law-Enforcement Officer LEO scale (probation officers), it appears that when I see vacancies posted, that the range of salary is so high, that it wouldn't be in the LEO scale, but rather the JSP scale, please advise? Do the Supervising PO's and Asst. DC's, DC's and Chiefs occasionally perform fieldwork? Carry in the office?

Gear: I see many USPO's online in those safari khaki vests, how's Illinois on gear (vests, using probation and/or police patches/ruses, tactical set ups)?

How many times are you going to ask these same questions?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      How many times are you going to ask these same questions?
      Just trying to read through his questions almost gave me a headache.

Comment

No kidding. I guess it's all about wether he can wear 5.11s..?
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Personally, I'd go a diff route if you want to go into fed LE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10003 users online. 500 members and 9503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X