Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evergreen Park PD

Hello all,

Anyone know how many they're looking to hire? Are they a good department to work for?

The chief said today they have 3 openings right away and plan on hiring 5 more within the year. Looked to be a good department,. 60 full time officers/ all have body cams.

Comment

Evergreen stays busy. They do a lot of traffic. They have their hands full with the riff raff being so close to the city. Good guys. One of their guys just jumped ship to Tinley. Didn't say anything bad about them and was just looking for a bigger department, better pension, more opportunities, etc.

Comment

• NoBody312
        NoBody312 commented
        Editing a comment
        He wasnt trying to burn bridges.....smart move, but complete bull****.

Stay far away from EP. If, by chance, you don't make probation, resign, or get fired, the Chief will move heaven and earth to ruin what career you have left. He will go out of his way to blackball you from ever working as a PO again. Fact!

40 man PD, and last list was exhausted (40+) trying to hire people. Replacing possibly 8 people out of 40 should be a red flag in itself. Known as "Little Orland" for their mandatory traffic stops / tickets their guys are required to do each day.
      Last edited by ChiTownDet; 03-12-2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mclovin45 View Post
        The chief said today they have 3 openings right away and plan on hiring 5 more within the year. Looked to be a good department,. 60 full time officers/ all have body cams.
        Most of them look to be good departments when you're trying to get on. The same stuff I was impressed with at hiring either turned out to be a fa├žade covering a glaring issue, an exaggeration or they changed it before I could enjoy it. I would take heed to ChiTownDet and do further research. If I have learned anything about spotting an issue it's this: when a department has a low amount of applicants, very few police officers lateral over, or they get far down their list WITHOUT hiring i.e. people keep turning them down, be wary. When the pay/contract and other stuff is good, other cops are your competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
          Evergreen stays busy. They do a lot of traffic. They have their hands full with the riff raff being so close to the city. Good guys. One of their guys just jumped ship to Tinley. Didn't say anything bad about them and was just looking for a bigger department, better pension, more opportunities, etc.
          Just as some PD's look fantastic from the outside looking in, like Orland Pk or Naperville looks like Nirvana to a guy in Chicago or one of the south burb PD's...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post

Just as some PD's look fantastic from the outside looking in, like Orland Pk or Naperville looks like Nirvana to a guy in Chicago or one of the south burb PD's...
            Isn't that the truth. O.P, great pay, pension, big department, etc. Then you see first hand how much of a raging dumpster fire the place is. Talk about a career killer if there ever was one...

Snuffy is 100% right. At orientations, most departments act like they are the premier, super best department in the world with zero complaints. Then you talk to their guys and find out it is a complete 180. Funniest one I heard was when Frankfort said they were the "best department in the state" with the "best equipment, technology, etc.". Almost peed my seat laughing at that one

Comment

Which departments would you guys say are good to work for or start your career with? A department that I often hear positive things about is Downers Grove.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgee09 View Post
                Which departments would you guys say are good to work for or start your career with? A department that I often hear positive things about is Downers Grove.
                Alsip, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Tinley Park (have a friend that just got on there, absolutely loves it), Worth (really fixed up their finances / department), Woodridge, to name a few.

Comment

Did anyone else take Evergreen Park's written exam on July 7th? This week we are supposed to receive a scheduled oral board interview date/time. There were only 65 people that showed up and they are supposed to hire 5.

Comment

• VicJ
                    VicJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took their exam. Hopefully we get our interview date and time this week.

Originally posted by bobgee09 View Post
                  Nnnoooopppppeeeeeee

Liberal hell. Have fun chasing dogs and being told to go pound sand by the politically connected and wealthy.

Comment

I have a friend I've known since high school that works for Evergeeen Park. He's miserable there. Without going too far into detail about his personal experiences, I can say many officers have been suspended for minor infractions. Suspensions are handed out like candy.

Also, there seems to be a lot of strange rules including banning the use of cell phones inside the patrol car. Officers are expected to leave their cell phones at The PD during their shift. I wish I was making this up.....it's comical.

Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

• ChiTownDet
                      ChiTownDet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Steph is 100% correct. And I know he knows of incidents that make the above look tame. If you don't happen to make it through FTO or off probation, they will make it their personal mission to see that you never work in LE again. Guys with time on are putting "X's" on their calendars marking the days until they can retire. And all this can be attributed to the chief, who has no intensions on leaving.

• Infamous345
                      Infamous345 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      At the test the chief said he was retiring in a year. But who knows for a certainty.

Has anyone that passed the exam, heard about interviews??

Comment

• Fatal
                      Fatal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, I messaged IOS recruitment and they said they had no news yet.

• irobles3680
                      irobles3680 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just got email today, mines is on the 15th

Okay, Thanks!

Comment

Received an interview date.
                      Last edited by Fatal; 08-11-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8655 users online. 459 members and 8196 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X