Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Orland Park vehicle sticker with Blue Lives Matter symbol stirs debate"...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Orland Park vehicle sticker with Blue Lives Matter symbol stirs debate"...

Orland Park vehicle sticker with Blue Lives Matter symbol stirs debate

Source: (Mike Nolan / Daily Southtown)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...224-story.html

Looks great, but I can think of million reasons why that might not be a good idea. What do you guys think? Speaking from personal experience with putting any flags, logos, sports team, stance on anything for that matter etc...it's not always a wise thing to do. Just saying.

Well when it's on every resident's vehicle, it's a little different. But I can see it may cause problems when parking your vehicle outside of OP and someone who doesn't realize it's the city sticker. I for one have nothing on my car related to being the police. I don't need to broadcast my career, especially when I have my kids in the car with me a lot. I really can't stand when coppers or their family members hang our hat band from their rear view mirror.

Comment

For a department like this that never supports it's Officer's, throws them under the bus at every chance they can, treats its employees like crap and generally has a rep of NOT supporting other departments and thinking they are the best of the best... I think it's a joke. It's a joke and a completely P.R scam.

Comment

I think required vehicle stickers or plates should not have to carry any superfluous message.
        I hate Chicago's yearly bad art stickers. I'd like one that says I paid my wheel tax and that's it.

Comment

I agree with Raiden341 . That's a super micro manage place! As far as the sticker that can be trouble when someone against BlueLives see that and want to take action.

Comment

Originally posted by jehende View Post
            I agree with Raiden341 . That's a super micro manage place! As far as the sticker that can be trouble when someone against BlueLives see that and want to take action.
            Christ. The place writes up Officer's who go into the station to drop a deuce if they don't ask for permission first... but yeah, they "support the thin blue line!" LOL

Comment

Disregard...
              Last edited by southpaw1; 03-08-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Geez sounds like a very stressful place to work.....

Comment

How much money do the officers top out at to deal with that stress? Curious.

Comment

I don't know how long it takes to reach but I think it's low 90s currently.
                    Last edited by southpaw1; 02-27-2017, 07:49 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Disregard...

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
                        I don't know how long it takes to reach but I think it's low 90s currently.
                        So with minimal OT they make about 100k, I know for some people that is worth the hassle and trouble. But for some it's not. It is what it is. Just want those guys and girls to come home every night.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

So with minimal OT they make about 100k, I know for some people that is worth the hassle and trouble. But for some it's not. It is what it is. Just want those guys and girls to come home every night.
                          Starting is roughly 55-57K and 69K after 6months. Yeah definitely nothing to complain about and I'm sure it's worth any extra headaches.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9885 users online. 403 members and 9482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X