300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westchester hiring

Hey everyone, does anyone know anything about this department? How many sworn? How many are they looking to hire?

I'll say the PD has about 35 people. Not a bad town, but they border a few sketchy areas. Some crap happens on the north side near the expressway (borders Bellwood). Town is upper middle class. Basically protecting the "haves " from the "have nots" which border them on 2 sides. They have their moments, but aren't a Maywood or Bellwood. Never heard anything bad about their PD. I'd say they are hiring 1, maybe 2 off the list. Not a lot of turnover there.

Comment

They have the same issues as the surrounding area (and radio band) like Hillside and Bellwood. Same players, nicer town. It's a good community, and lots of public service people from the more interesting towns in the area hang their hats there. I'm not very familiar with the department, but I've come across several of their officers and they've all been good people and seemingly good police.

Plus...Eden Lanes...

Comment

not sure if anyone is interested but about 60 people showed up for the exam. They have no current vacancies however they hope for some within the next year or so. Small dpt, just 29 officers including the chief, 7 sergeants and 2 detectives.
        Last edited by chicagocop.12; 05-01-2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• mikedrum29
          mikedrum29 commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounded like they were not going to be hiring anytime soon.

• chicagocop.12
          chicagocop.12 commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah thats what it seemed like

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9828 users online. 470 members and 9358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X