300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orientation Dress Code

Hi. So I know what the dress code is for written tests, but what do you guys recommend the dress code would be for an orientation for a PD that is on a separate day from the written test? Thanks!

Business attire, first impressions are everything

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Always disagreed with this. Unless you REALLY stand out at the orientation and do something stupid, the PD is not going to remember who wore a suit and who didn't when there are sometimes 200+ people there. A polo and jeans or just looking normal is fine for an orientation. However, showing up in shorts, flip-flops, having drug symbols on, standing out and getting someone's attention, etc will make an impression. So, my opinion. Orientation, look normal. Any other contact with the PD; written, interviews, background meetings, psych, poly, Fire & Police Board, etc, business attire.

Comment

Orientation for Chicago or Cook County means something completely different from most other PDs. So assuming you're talking about a pre-testing phase of the hiring process (usually right before the written test) than I completely agree with Raiden. If you're talking about CPD or Cook than that is most likely a post-hire phase/welcoming and business attire for sure like 19-Paul and Raiden said.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10326 users online. 420 members and 9906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X