Originally posted by 2016sthecharm View Post

Yea let's hope we get something soon
    Here goes the list everyone!

http://www.oak-park.us/sites/default...ility-list.pdf

Leave a comment:

• 2016sthecharm
    replied
    Originally posted by mclovin45 View Post
    I do not. I would assume they willing be e,ailing us something about it soon.
    Yea let's hope we get something soon

Leave a comment:

• mclovin45
    replied
    I do not. I would assume they willing be e,ailing us something about it soon.

Leave a comment:

• 2016sthecharm
    replied
    good work....looks like 2017 will be your charm....... i got a 92%
    Do you know when lottery numbers will be sent out?

Leave a comment:

• mclovin45
    replied
    good work....looks like 2017 will be your charm....... i got a 92%

Leave a comment:

• 2016sthecharm
    replied
    Does anyone know when lottery numbers might go out?

Leave a comment:

• 2016sthecharm
    replied
    Received my final score but no lottery number, hopefully 93% on the test lands me high in the list

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    "Although the community loosely supports the police, Oak Park is about as liberal as can be outside of the west coast. Try not to look scary, and make sure to be tolerant in dealing with the gangbanger hijackers from the west side."

When I worked there, I said Oak Parkers are Hyde Pk. U of C students that now bought houses...We called Oak Parkers "Jobbos." Their "job" was the Village of Oak Pk.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Item9 View Post
    They have a ton of vacancies and it's a big department with several possibly retirements in the next 2 years. They just went to 10 hour shifts. Morale has been in the dumps for years, and doesn't seem to be getting better. Some of that might be due to the staffing, but some isn't. You will stay busy with burglaries, robberies, a few shootings, and the every day calls, but proactive police work is not emphasized.

Although the community loosely supports the police, Oak Park is about as liberal as can be outside of the west coast. Try not to look scary, and make sure to be tolerant in dealing with the gangbanger hijackers from the west side.
    The community supports the police. They actually seem to think they have the best police on earth. But as you said with "loosely" their support is more when they are like the Guardian Angels than regular police. Are they still wearing black gym shoes in duty uniform?

Leave a comment:

• mclovin45
    replied
    Awesome... thanks for letting me know!

Leave a comment:

• 2016sthecharm
    replied
    When will they be sending out the eligibility list?
    I called io solutions and they said oak park is sorting through the results of the test still that hopefully within the next few weeks we get the results

Leave a comment:

• mclovin45
    replied
    When will they be sending out the eligibility list?

Leave a comment:

• 2016sthecharm
    replied
    Village is looking to hire 9 off the list the chief said today. They are going to push to have 5 more people get hired for a total of 14

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    As the Village Clerk said to me and another guy after we got sworn in, many years ago, "The Village of Oak Park is not just a place to live and work. The Village of Oak Park is a way of life." And we had our "All American City 1976" patches on our uniforms.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9312 users online. 523 members and 8789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X