X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0311Grunt
    started a topic Feb 06 testers Info

Feb 06 testers Info

I have received a lot of PM in reguards to my home interview and what to expect. So I thought I would post this. Months ago, after our 8 month wait, we heard they were trying to speed up the process....this is true...they got the drug and written pysch doen in 2 weeks and the POWER tests in 3. They are doing everything on THEIR end to speed it up..but the oral psych and medical are still taking 6-8 weeks to get back to them...my BI said he had a guy he was doing the background for and he got notice 2 weeks after the fact that he was a No SHOW for his medical...wasted his time.
    You can have the best background and references in the world, A+ student, clean as a whistle, alter boy, sing in your church choir, cure cancer, whatever. If your Psych or Med come back with a red "NOT FIT FOR DUTY" stamp, then game over...some BI's are moving at faster paces....getting the background done so when your Medical comes back good to go, your done, outside the Final POWER test....On the final Power test, they are A LOT stricter...legs must be FLAT for the sit and reach....sit ups must be in perfect for and you get 1 min...no more...so stay in shape...
    They want to have as many academies as possible this year and next....he made me no guarentees.....So if your Medical is in March, your BI wont hear the results until May or June...if this burst's anyones bubble, I'm sorry, but I know the waiting sucks and I would want to know! They are also going by the ranking #....sometimes someone with a higher one gets thru a crack, but for the main part, they are going right in order. But remember, well over half of the orginal 3300 that took the test have been DQ already for POWER, DRUG, or dropped out on their own.....so if you are 3000, you are really like 1500 now....hope this helpes anyone waiting....June/Aug/and Nov testers, end of 2007, into 2008

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    I live in Chicago
    Last edited by 0311Grunt; 01-23-2008, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lboggie26
    replied
    How did u find out?

Leave a comment:

• 0206CPDAPPL
    replied
    Notification!

Just found out that my psych, medical, and drug test will be in May! Finally I have something to look forward to!!!

I was one of the applicants that had transcript issues when the Feb 06 applicants went for the drug test in Dec.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyblade
    replied
    Looking at my post I realize it looks like I was trying to tell you something you didn't know, but I meant to just kind of add on to what you were saying for other people and for conversation's sake. I know you know what your talking about Grunt.

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyblade
    Its a looong wait....my cousin waited 9 years to get on the CFD...just stay in shape and keep your nose clean.
    CPD is a lot different though because the city needs like 13,000 police officers and what, like 4500 firefighters? (Rough numbers but you know what I'm saying) Plus, more people want to be firefighters because everybody loves firefighters. My number for CFD is about 8000. I just put my hat in the ring in case I'm really unhappy with my place in life about 10 years down the road. Anyway, back to the FEB '06 testers' progress.[/QUOTE]

What I meant by that is waiting 2-3 years for the CPD is helluva lot better then waiting 9-10 years for the CFD! When I took the CPD test in Feb I was expecting to wait 2 years min.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyblade
    replied
    Its a looong wait....my cousin waited 9 years to get on the CFD...just stay in shape and keep your nose clean.[/QUOTE]

CPD is a lot different though because the city needs like 13,000 police officers and what, like 4500 firefighters? (Rough numbers but you know what I'm saying) Plus, more people want to be firefighters because everybody loves firefighters. My number for CFD is about 8000. I just put my hat in the ring in case I'm really unhappy with my place in life about 10 years down the road. Anyway, back to the FEB '06 testers' progress.

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    Originally posted by ROCKY72
    I was surprised receiving my results 2 months after taking the written test.
    I just hope that the rest of the process is that quick.
    But it doesn't seem so by the messages you all have been writing.

My number is 357.
    I think the total number of people from June/Aug/and Nov that qualified is close to the # of people from the Feb test (3300)...they MIGHT if they can figure out a way to merge the ranking #, do all you guys at once (pure speculation). Even if this were to happen, if 6500 qualified from the 2006 testing, and lets say 2500 pass all testing, thats 25 months of academies IF they do 100 an academy. Its a looong wait....my cousin waited 9 years to get on the CFD...just stay in shape and keep your nose clean.

Leave a comment:

• ROCKY72
    replied
    NOV06 Tester

I was surprised receiving my results 2 months after taking the written test.
    I just hope that the rest of the process is that quick.
    But it doesn't seem so by the messages you all have been writing.

My number is 357.

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Illinois Edmond
    Wow, I was kinda hoping that since they sent out the Nov. '06 testers results so quick, they were moving through people pretty fast. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I wonder how many people drop out because the process is so long. But that's what happens when you have thousands of people who apply. But don't a lot of people apply and never even bother taking the written? That would seem like a waste of time and money to me.
    I got my letter from the CFD pretty quick...I plan to hear from them in 2015 if I'm lucky with my ranking # LOL! (11,000)

Leave a comment:

• Jdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Illinois Edmond
    Wow, I was kinda hoping that since they sent out the Nov. '06 testers results so quick, they were moving through people pretty fast. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I wonder how many people drop out because the process is so long. But that's what happens when you have thousands of people who apply. But don't a lot of people apply and never even bother taking the written? That would seem like a waste of time and money to me.
    By time they get to us (August Exam) I would imagine there are going to be a lot people that are not going to continue. We had about 860 pass, so its going to be interesting to say the least. I still haven't received anything about the POWER test yet, so I know its going to be a long, long wait. Good luck and best wishes to everyone
    Last edited by Jdub; 03-08-2007, 05:30 AM. Reason: spell check

Leave a comment:

• Illinois Edmond
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LegacyCPD
    replied
    Originally posted by Chin0CPD
    Hey mercy hospital acutally sent you a letter saying you were clear for duty?
    Actually it's Advocate Sykes Occupational Health that sends you a copy of your "cleared for full and unrestricted duty" letter. Same letter with a brief summary of your medical history gets sent to CPD commanding officer. They also send you a copy of all of your medical test results.

Leave a comment:

• joanna
    replied
    I had my medical exam today (March 7) and my psych Jan 12. I'm number 20XX. I haven't heard a word from my BI yet. When I went in for the psych test they kept me waiting for an hour which I definitely thought was part part of the evaluation! Once I got in the doc finished in under 15 minutes. I asked him if we were done and he said yeah unless there was something else I wanted. No way, the shorter the better. I may also be one of the few people up here hoping it takes a little longer, like October, since I'm trying to finish grad school first.

Leave a comment:

• cpdjarhead
    replied
    April 2nd is the first class (50 recruits)

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10552 users online. 445 members and 10107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X