300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond
    Wow, I was kinda hoping that since they sent out the Nov. '06 testers results so quick, they were moving through people pretty fast. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I wonder how many people drop out because the process is so long. But that's what happens when you have thousands of people who apply. But don't a lot of people apply and never even bother taking the written? That would seem like a waste of time and money to me.
    I got my letter from the CFD pretty quick...I plan to hear from them in 2015 if I'm lucky with my ranking # LOL! (11,000)

Comment

NOV06 Tester

I was surprised receiving my results 2 months after taking the written test.
      I just hope that the rest of the process is that quick.
      But it doesn't seem so by the messages you all have been writing.

My number is 357.
      Rocky72
      CPD-The Finest

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKY72
        I was surprised receiving my results 2 months after taking the written test.
        I just hope that the rest of the process is that quick.
        But it doesn't seem so by the messages you all have been writing.

My number is 357.
        I think the total number of people from June/Aug/and Nov that qualified is close to the # of people from the Feb test (3300)...they MIGHT if they can figure out a way to merge the ranking #, do all you guys at once (pure speculation). Even if this were to happen, if 6500 qualified from the 2006 testing, and lets say 2500 pass all testing, thats 25 months of academies IF they do 100 an academy. Its a looong wait....my cousin waited 9 years to get on the CFD...just stay in shape and keep your nose clean.

Comment

Its a looong wait....my cousin waited 9 years to get on the CFD...just stay in shape and keep your nose clean.[/QUOTE]

CPD is a lot different though because the city needs like 13,000 police officers and what, like 4500 firefighters? (Rough numbers but you know what I'm saying) Plus, more people want to be firefighters because everybody loves firefighters. My number for CFD is about 8000. I just put my hat in the ring in case I'm really unhappy with my place in life about 10 years down the road. Anyway, back to the FEB '06 testers' progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyblade
            Its a looong wait....my cousin waited 9 years to get on the CFD...just stay in shape and keep your nose clean.
            CPD is a lot different though because the city needs like 13,000 police officers and what, like 4500 firefighters? (Rough numbers but you know what I'm saying) Plus, more people want to be firefighters because everybody loves firefighters. My number for CFD is about 8000. I just put my hat in the ring in case I'm really unhappy with my place in life about 10 years down the road. Anyway, back to the FEB '06 testers' progress.[/QUOTE]

What I meant by that is waiting 2-3 years for the CPD is helluva lot better then waiting 9-10 years for the CFD! When I took the CPD test in Feb I was expecting to wait 2 years min.

Comment

Looking at my post I realize it looks like I was trying to tell you something you didn't know, but I meant to just kind of add on to what you were saying for other people and for conversation's sake. I know you know what your talking about Grunt.

Comment

Notification!

Just found out that my psych, medical, and drug test will be in May! Finally I have something to look forward to!!!

I was one of the applicants that had transcript issues when the Feb 06 applicants went for the drug test in Dec.

Comment

How did u find out?

Comment

I live in Chicago
                    Last edited by 0311Grunt; 01-23-2008, 08:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8668 users online. 398 members and 8270 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X