X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justice, illinois

a personal pal of mine born in 1924, his dad was mayor their
    for 30 some odd yrs , had a grade scool named after him,
    brodicki school.......he used to tell me stories about growing inthat village,
    was wondering how often they hire, reserves...crime and demographics...
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

It's on the outskirts of the city so a lot of people that wanted to buy homes but couldn't afford them in Chicago bought there. There are also a TON of apartments. Their is quite a bit of industry there also. It has a "Calumet City, Dalton and Chicago Heights" kind of feel. The crime rate is fairly high for a smaller suburb.

Comment

Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice%2C_Illinois

I've only been through there a few times but never stopped. Should've stopped because there looked like there were some good places to grab some grub.

Comment

I hope I dont offend anyone, but Justice is Mullet city....really changed there over the last 10 years too.

Comment

mullet city a.k.a. justice

changed big time in ft lauderdale too bro,,except all the dregs
          of illegal persuasion is turning paradise into a cess pool.
          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

A friend of mine lives in Justice and it has its nice parts. He has a real nice condo there. Some nice new housing developments but it also has its trailer parks.

Comment

I used to work on a Dept. that directly bordered Justice and they were on our radio band....first off...
              Their is quite a bit of industry there also.
              WRONG, they have next to ZERO industry, you are thinking of Bedford Park, that is why they are in poor financial shape. They don't have one big box store, etc. in the town. It is all mom and pop stores. Also doesn't help their Mayor was corrupt (recently sentenced). They have some trailer parks, but the REAL problem in that town is a big stretch of Apartments called "the Trace" which is Section 8, etc. Some good people live in there, but ALOT of garbage. The rest of the town (the ones that own homes) are mostly white working class people. A decent amount of "redneck" in there too. The crime rate is not out of control, it is just a few areas that are always trouble and drain most of their resources.

I feel their PD is pretty average. POOR pay, no specialized units to really speak of, only 3-4 officers on the street at a time, crappy station. They really have NOTHING to offer but being a stepping stone. I meet some good guys there, but alot aren't that happy to still be there.
              Last edited by dogcop; 03-05-2007, 08:31 AM.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

I dated a girl from there in the late 90's before I got married....nice gal, nice blue collar family....but her friends...lets just say they were all hoping that Warrant and Poison got back together soon...I went a party wearing khaki shorts, a pocket T shirt, and sandals, and I was called "the preppy guy"....and then her ex boyfriend, who she hadn't dated in 2 years, came there drunk...looking like Kid Rock...."If I didn't treat his women right, he would make sure I regreted it" I laughed my *** off...it was like being in a episode of My name is Earl.....needless to say we broke up, thank God it was mutual...I still look over my shoulder everytime I see a I-Roc roll up next to me...
                Last edited by 0311Grunt; 03-05-2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt
                  I dated a girl from there in the late 90's before I got married....nice gal, nice blue collar family....but her friends...lets just say they were all hoping that Warrant and Poison got back together soon...I went a party wearing khaki shorts, a pocket T shirt, and sandels, and I was called "the preppy guy"....and then her ex boyfriend, who she hadn't dated in 2 years, came there drunk...looking like Kid Rock...."If I didn't treat his women right, he would make sure I regreted it" I laughed my *** off...it was like being in a episode of My name is Earl.....needless to say we broke up, thank God it was mutual...I still look over my shoulder everytime I see a I-Roc roll up next to me...
                  that's some funny stuff!
                  sigpic

Comment

Sunset Lake apartments in justice are section 8 and the residents were moved in from the Robert Taylor Homes. When you move hundreds if not close to a thousand residents from the Taylor homes and other parts of the city to Justice there are going to be problems. Great move to them because wealthier suburban kids could afford the drugs they sold there, and they were easy targets to rob when they went in there looking to buy from what I heard, haha. I didnt have to much sympothy for them.

Anyway whats wrong with mullets, rocking 80's music, and a cold can of PBR?
                    (I moved to an adjacent suburb over there during high school)

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt
                      I dated a girl from there in the late 90's before I got married....nice gal, nice blue collar family....but her friends...lets just say they were all hoping that Warrant and Poison got back together soon...I went a party wearing khaki shorts, a pocket T shirt, and sandals, and I was called "the preppy guy"....and then her ex boyfriend, who she hadn't dated in 2 years, came there drunk...looking like Kid Rock...."If I didn't treat his women right, he would make sure I regreted it" I laughed my *** off...it was like being in a episode of My name is Earl.....needless to say we broke up, thank God it was mutual...I still look over my shoulder everytime I see a I-Roc roll up next to me...
                      I just peed my pants!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6376 users online. 245 members and 6131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X