Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be a July academy, I asked my background investigator she said it was just a rumor , I have my fpt on June 23rd

Comment

• Hey did you receive a formal invite from HR? Or did your investigator tell you that you would be going? Just curious because my file was sent in end of May and I have not heard anything

Comment

• She told me to ready trot an email I got one the other day they finish my stuff at the end of May too

Comment

• After a polygraph how long do candidates usually wait for the next step?

Comment

• NGUChris
            NGUChris commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been waiting for close to 6 months...

• Bluelinemission
            Bluelinemission commented
            Editing a comment
            7For my process,

Exam dec, 2017.
            Then pt in March,
            Then drug screaning a week after
            Then kentech called me, got an interview on April 6th with kentech background inves lady. During the interview she said she will be "Shocked if i didn't get hired with the way my file looks."

Then polygraph on april 16th with an awesome guy.

Anyway, haven't heard anything yet, I called last week, they said i dont need to keep checking because it's going to be at least 2-3 months of waiting time till a BI picks ur file.

• ChiFuturePD
            ChiFuturePD commented
            Editing a comment
            Bluelinemission
            Appreciate your info.
            Similar timeline as me lottery #4,7** Took the written in December as well. Poly is on the 24th

• For me it was like a week then they started on my background investigation

Comment

• southpaw1
            southpaw1 commented
            Editing a comment
            We like timelines on here haha. Do you mind sharing it? You don't have to be too specific. Also was that an official notice of a 6/23 FPT? Thanks.

• Updated Timeline

December 2017 - Written Test

March 2018 - IPT

March 2018 - Processing/Drug Screening

April 2018 - PHQ submitted

May 2018 - BI assigned

May 2018 - Home interview

June 2018 - Kentech submitted background to CPD

June 2018 - Polygraph

Comment

• southpaw1
            southpaw1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing and good luck!

• Lottery number 37** veteran preference
          December 16 written test
          March 3rd ipt
          march 10 phq
          april 4 kentech interview
          May 11 poly
          june 23 fpt
          june 24 physch

Comment

• southpaw1
            southpaw1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good progress. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

• The times are all jacked up! Just met with my CPD investigator today. He said it could still be a month or two if all goes well. Its hard to determine the rhyme or reason but they deffinelty have a lot of applicants. Best of luck to everyone out there. I'm hoping to get this part over!

Comment

• How much does academy cost?? I’ve heard many different things so I’m just wondering

Comment

• Cpd2017Av
              Cpd2017Av commented
              Editing a comment
              So far I've spent around 2200. It was around 1200 for all the uniforms, and for the gun and attachments it was around 1000

• rr743
              rr743 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cpd2017Av You've been in about a month now, are you guys in your blues? sweats? or still suit and tie?

• GoZombie
              GoZombie commented
              Editing a comment
              My total investment was $5,500--from start to finish. Save your pennies.

• If you took the May 2018 exam lottery numbers have been sent out ... very short list this time around 3,720 ...

Comment

• Any one know what to expect for the
              orientation before academy start date?

Comment

• All my stuff was turned in end of May to the director but I still have not heard anything back yet kind of discouraging especially because I’m in law enforcement already....

Comment

• I've been stuck on the background part of the process for the April 2017 exam. I took the May 2018 exam, should I forget about the prior process and focus on the most recent one? There have been many people from the December exam passing me up (including my brother). I feel with how much they've been hiring they have to be close to their 1000 new hire goal, and if people from prior exams (specifically 2016/April2017) haven't been called by now they most likely won't anymore. At this stage seems December and May 2018 applicants maybe considered ahead of the 2016/ April 2017 applicants.

Comment

• NGUChris
                    NGUChris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Background meaning you’ve taken your poly and awaiting your CPD BI? Keep up with both. No one who posts here has had their more recent process surpass their first and reach the NTR.

I’ve taken each one since April 2017, each at different stages and my brother is about to catch up with my oldest cycle.

Just keep testing until you get in. Keep living your life and staying out of trouble. Some 2016 people are now just getting their NTR after almost everyone in April 2017 has been processed.

We all have to remember this job isn't owed to anyone

• Was anyone else who was at the June 2nd FPT get a NTR for the June 25th academy???

Comment

• With it being a good paying gig, do officers normally live inside the city? I am a Chicago native, after the military I never when back. I am a resident of MD now, thought about applying to CPD before. The only thing that deterred me from doing it was living can be expensive, compare to where I am now. Just curious.

Comment

• KMM
                      KMM commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's required you live within city limits.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8972 users online. 349 members and 8623 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X