Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the number to call to see if you've been assigned a BI after your polygraph? Feel free to PM me

Comment

• NGUChris
      NGUChris commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 here. Anyone else been told their administrator would call them within 1 week for an update?

• Andy60623
      Andy60623 commented
      Editing a comment
      NGUChris Same. I'm not sweating it. I feel I would be a nuisance by calling them, since HR gets called alot.

• brinkt
      brinkt commented
      Editing a comment
      Call investigations and ask for your investigators email or extension maybe? I’d call investigations instead of HR.

• Originally posted by Ksull12 View Post
    What's the number to call to see if you've been assigned a BI after your polygraph? Feel free to PM me
    Go to the Chicago Police website and call the general HR number. Tell them you’re in the process and wanted to know where you stand. I called and they were nice. My investigator said I’m in the que and couldn’t give me an approximate timeline so I’m not gonna call again.

Just a shame they keep insisting on everyone retaking when they fail...multiple times. With how bad they’re hurting for people you’d think they just grab the next person that can pass and throw the rest to the back if they must retake. Not to mention the power isn’t that bad compared to other states. If you’re consistently failing that’s gonna be the least of your problems down the road working in LE

Comment

• brinkt
      brinkt commented
      Editing a comment
      Those who are invited back have no control over when we’re called. I was told I was being moved to bottom of list and then was called back a month later. Never called HR, never bugged my BI, nothing. Why don’t you call Human Resources and complain then?

• LtDrebin
      LtDrebin commented
      Editing a comment
      "Not to mention the power isn't that bad compared to other states."

Gotta disagree with you there, to an extent. I applied to a MN department and looked at the process for a few ones in TX. We're talking 20-minute 1.5 mile runs, 50% bodyweight bench press, and an 89-second 300 meter "sprint."

On the flip side, a lot of those departments make their officers take a physical test every year or so, but at CPD it's one and done.

• Madmatt1144
      Madmatt1144 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eh, calling won’t do anything. Just saying it’s a shame that the process is this way now.

• So is there another FPT this Saturday?

Comment

• c_pcal
      c_pcal commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe so

• CPD2018
      CPD2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, there is another FPT this Saturday.

• Is there two academy dates per month or just one ?

Comment

• CPD2018
      CPD2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's just one per month.

• Anyone else have Psych interview 2/13?
    Last edited by james7933; 02-12-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• c_pcal
      c_pcal commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of people were scheduled for today . I have mine on Saturday . Goodluck !

• Does anyone know whether seeing a psych for adhd and taking medication could possibly be grounds for a DQ?

Comment

• ttom
      ttom commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn’t think that being treated for adhd in itself would be the reason for dq. If you have poor eyesight won’t wear glasses you would probably be dq’d, but if you wear glasses it would be a non issue. I would apply the same logic to having adhd, which isn’t a black and white diagnosis.

• Ohare2521
      Ohare2521 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey man I know ADHD by itself isn’t grounds for a DQ. I know a guy that has and is medicated as well for it. He got on no problem.

I got a psych DQ letter last month and now I’m waiting for the retest.

• Has anyone taken there psych at the Advondale location ?

Comment

• DannyBoy13
      DannyBoy13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Had my psych at this location today. It was pretty easy to get to and the parking situation was not bad at all. Just hoping I nailed the interview! Good luck!

• c_pcal
      c_pcal commented
      Editing a comment
      DannyBoy13 I took mine today too .

• "Chicago Police Officer fatally shot at Thompson Center"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-off-duty-officer-shot-downtown-20180213-story,amp.html
    Last edited by Andy60623; 02-13-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Chicago Police Cmdr. Paul Bauer fatally shot at Thompson Center

Comment

• CPD Cmdr. Paul Bauer fatally shot at Thompson Center
        Bauer, 53, commander of the 18th District, was shot fatally while he was assisting a tactical team at the state government building.

Comment

• RIP Commander Paul Bauer. What a tragic loss for CPD and his family..

Comment

• Anyone know what these shifts are going to look like in the academy? At the paperwork session it was quickly mentioned that the academy is moving to shifts and we will learn more next week when we report at 0645. Anybody in the academy hear anything about your hours getting changed or is this only going to be the new classes going forward you think?

Comment

• Girevik2006
              Girevik2006 commented
              Editing a comment
              You usually get a schedule at the end of each week for the following week. Start times vary. You may have a 0500, 0700 or 0900 at it can be different each day of the week. We even had a 0800 start time one day this week. They have started doing it with all the classes I believe.

• Got my ntr for ipt from the 12/2017 test.
            3/3 at 3340 w fillmore. # 2xx. poly this Saturday for the early 2017 test,
            # 4xxx
            registered for upcoming 5/2018 written test.
            i really need to keep all dates straight so I know what I’m doing when.

Comment

• I was asked during my psych interview about how many moving violations over the course of my entire driving history did I ever receive (including red light camera tickets)...I said about 8-10 (i've been driving for 16 years) and probably 2 within the past 3 to 4 years....anyone else in the academy or that has recently received a NTR for academy tell me whether theyve had similar experience or how heavily this could weigh on whether I receive a DQ? THANKS!

Comment

• AspiringChicagoCop
                AspiringChicagoCop commented
                Editing a comment
                Red light violations are like parking tickets. Hope that gives you a peace of mind.

• Where is the location for the FPT for this Saturday at? The academy or Fillmore?

Comment

• c_pcal
                c_pcal commented
                Editing a comment
                When you get your notice it will tell you which location along with the address as to where to report too .

• c_pcal
                c_pcal commented
                Editing a comment
                I think this Saturday will be held at the academy

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10890 users online. 452 members and 10438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X