Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone at the end of the run was coughing. The air in that building today was brutal. This isn’t my first time running in there either. Think of it this way Brink. You’re still on the list. If this was 3-4 years ago you would’ve been off the list. Your investigator seems very helpful so you have that too. If this is the job you want you’ll fight through it. Keep your head up.
    WORK HARD. DREAM BIG!!

Comment

• brinkt
      brinkt commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate it rolz_
      It’s all mind over matter and I just didn’t have it in me today. A few other people failed today too so everyone who’s doing poly/home interview/ waiting for BI whatever the case may be stay in shape and don’t stop!!! Train above what they expect and mentally stay in it. I hope my failure today helps someone else out, learn from my mistake:

• Random question that no one may be able to answer for sure: Does CPD or Kentech check one’s outstanding debt amount once more before the academy? Kentech ran mine earlier in the BI process / after my home interview.

I know it’s supposed to be less than $24k (50%) of the recruit starting salary, per the investigator at the IPT.

Follow-up question: If someone does have higher than $24k but is paying it down, think that’s why some have a long stretches of time with no progress as they’re waiting for it drop below that threshold?
    Last edited by NGUChris; 01-14-2018, 03:03 PM.
    CPD 2017 #5xxx
    IPT: 11/11/17
    PHQ submitted :11/22/17
    Kentech PHQ submitted: 12/12/17
    Home Interview: 12/17/17
    Case Manager assigned: 12/22/17
    Polygraph: 01/18/18

Comment

• CPD2018
      CPD2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      NGUChris; Did you have your Poly at 2350 Ogden yesterday as well, I was there at 12:00 PM.

• NGUChris
      NGUChris commented
      Editing a comment
      CPD2018 no they called around 10 to reschedule me for next Thursday. My administrator couldn’t make it. How’d it go?

• Ksull12
      Ksull12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you heard anything from CPD since your polygraph??? Feel free to PM

• golfdelta117
      golfdelta117 commented
      Editing a comment
      CPD2018 how'd the poly go at Ogden? I have mine scheduled for next Friday there.

• I had my poly this morning the detective was nice and made the process not feel so overwhelming. I did find myself questioning things during the test if I was breathing to hard or if I moved, which is silly because I told the truth and was very open. He asked me after the exam how I thought I did, I told him I am sure he hears this all the time but that I know I was honest but still unsure of how it went. He said he could not tell me if I passed or failed but something along the lines of there was nothing to be too concerned about, I would hear something in the next 3 to 4 weeks. I know am driving myself crazy going over every little detail. Suppose I wanted to reach out to the forum and see if anybody suffered from this post poly craziness haha or if they have had a similar response in regards to their results after the poly?

Comment

• BEARDOWN_1991
      BEARDOWN_1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      On my poly about a a month ago I had to do 5 charts because he could not get me to clear on one of the sections of the test. It kept coming up neutral he said. Not enough of a response. He didn’t make a big deal of it but I guess I will have to wait and see

• JoshTheDude
      JoshTheDude commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not have the same experience as you, but I've heard about your experience a lot from other people. I guess is the anxiety & the fear that if you say something wrong to a question you'll be DQ or maybe you were wondering if the detective gonna ask tough questions. It happens you are not alone on that one. At least you had a great detective that was nice to keep you calm through out the exam. I had a very nice & funny detective which it was fun talking to her because we had a lot of things in common.

Good luck to you & hope you can post your results in the upcoming weeks.

• DannyBoy13
      DannyBoy13 commented
      Editing a comment
      BEARDOWN_1991 thanks for sharing your experience with the poly. I guess we both have to just sit tight and wait to see what happens. Good luck! JoshTheDude definitely a lot of anxiety with each step taken in the process, don’t want to do anything to lose the chance at the dream of getting on the job. I will for sure post my results and hopefully continued progress in the process.

• Originally posted by DannyBoy13 View Post
    I had my poly this morning the detective was nice and made the process not feel so overwhelming. I did find myself questioning things during the test if I was breathing to hard or if I moved, which is silly because I told the truth and was very open. He asked me after the exam how I thought I did, I told him I am sure he hears this all the time but that I know I was honest but still unsure of how it went. He said he could not tell me if I passed or failed but something along the lines of there was nothing to be too concerned about, I would hear something in the next 3 to 4 weeks. I know am driving myself crazy going over every little detail. Suppose I wanted to reach out to the forum and see if anybody suffered from this post poly craziness haha or if they have had a similar response in regards to their results after the poly?
    I’m sure you’re fine, dude. He was probably messing with you a little bit

Comment

• sku96
      sku96 commented
      Editing a comment
      They also messed with me at the end. the lady at the academy was like “hmmm” I told her I told all the truth literally lol. they even gave me an extra sheet to write down everything. They try to get you!

I don’t believe the lie detector disqualifies you anyway unless you lied in the previous answer

• DannyBoy13
      DannyBoy13 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Ohare2521 Thanks for the encouraging words and yes I agree I think there was for sure of an element of messing with me. The process tests you mentally and physically but I appreciate it because I know it all prepares you to be a PO.

• chisportsfan2
      chisportsfan2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea be very careful. This is what screwed me a couple years ago. I was too honest and it bit me. I’m still in the process. However, unfortunately what I told them stays on their record. So, if you take a poly again with CPD you have to tell them what you already admitted to in a past poly. Any questions PM me.

• golfdelta117
      golfdelta117 commented
      Editing a comment
      chisportsfan2 too honest? From my understanding, as long as you don't start changing your story from what you answered on the PHQ you should be fine. My buddy went through Cook County poly and said the lady questioned him on pot 5 times because she didn't believe that he went to a certain "high risk" high school and never smoked pot, so she was trying to make him doubt himself and whatnot

• Has anybody received a psych DQ? If so, do you have any idea what caused it?

I know they don’t tell you much about why you were DQ’d.

Comment

• j_chicago_21
      j_chicago_21 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a generic "unsuitable" email. Every DQ gets the same email. Got mine 1.5 weeks after test.

And I don't know why I failed because they don't tell you.

• Ohare2521
      Ohare2521 commented
      Editing a comment
      j_chicago_21 when did you take psych?

• j_chicago_21
      j_chicago_21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohare2521 - took my original in May and appeal in October/November. Still waiting on appeal.

• Good luck to all the guys and gals in 18-1 starting tomorrow. Snow looks like it is gonna keep falling so add that extra time. Look forward to seeing everyone there bright and early.

Comment

• I'm kind of in a messed up situation and hoping someone can help me. So I missed my IPT due to injury but was given a second opportunity but the date they sent me I have to stand up in a wedding. I really don't want to skip the wedding cause the guy is a very close friend from childhood, I've known him for going on 20 years. Does anyone know if I miss the power test and get my power card on my own if can I still continue with the hiring process?
      Last edited by VicJ; 01-16-2018, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• golfdelta117
        golfdelta117 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're going to have to call HR for one bud. They give you 3 dates to choose from for taking the IPT.

If it helps at all, my buddy hurt his hamstring in a soccer game and couldn't attend his FPT, called them and they let him reschedule and stil got his NTR.

Just reach out to HR and ask.....the rest is going to be a personal choice for you alone.

• kshields30
        kshields30 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got out of my IPT by sending a photo copy of a JJC Power Card

• atlas25
        atlas25 commented
        Editing a comment
        Call HR. They will work with you. They need the bodies

• Anyone take their poly from january 1-5 and get contacted by their BI ?

Comment

• taysha2092
        taysha2092 commented
        Editing a comment
        Still haven’t been contacted since October

• GonzJ12
        GonzJ12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took mine on the 3rd, still no contact.

• Written exam-April 1st
      IPT/Drug test-October 14
      CPD PHQ- October 20th
      Kentech PHQ-December 28
      Home Interview- January 8th (also assigned a case manager)

Fingers crossed, waiting patiently.

Staying in shape during the winter is tiring, but the grind will never stop.

Comment

• Andy60623
        Andy60623 commented
        Editing a comment
        brinkt I usually do my practice runs outside police academy, but the weather has been crazy lately. I hate running on the treadmill ever since I fell off it lol.

• brinkt
        brinkt commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate running on the treadmill too but I have a two year old so I have to run at the gym. It’s awful but gets the job done. Practice every portion go above and beyond what they want.

• Andy60623
        Andy60623 commented
        Editing a comment
        brinkt Appreciate the advice. I failed the running component of the power test 3 times before finally passing it the 4th time. Sorry to hear about what happened though. Your dreams will not be denied.

• brinkt
        brinkt commented
        Editing a comment
        I ran it while sick with bronchitis so that didn’t help lol I’ll have a chance to retake it at some point just not sure when

• I’ve been watching the top 10 most violent neighborhoods in Chicago on YouTube. The channel name is called Bloody Chicago. They only have 10 and 9 (Back of the Yards and Greater Grand Crossing) out right now they come out once a week. Very interesting series so far. I’ve been watching his videos for a while now.

Comment

• rolz_
        rolz_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Went to grammar school in Back of the Yards. It’s definitely an interesting place.

• Checking it out now, interesting!

Comment

Last edited by warhead9090; 01-17-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Lapz
          Lapz commented
          Editing a comment
          I would not be using names on this forum.

• To all going in for their psych and medical tomorrow, good luck!
        - "You served well, when serving was safe."

Comment

• So I just got this email from HR and I have no idea what it means. Here it is:

You are required to comply with all portions of the hiring process as required by the Chicago Police Department. You have failed to comply with the pre-employment psychological examination and / or processing.

Based on your failure to comply with any part psychological processing, the Chicago Police Department will recommend that your name be removed from the City of Chicago, Department of Human Resources eligibility list for the position of Police Officer.

I plan on calling HR first thing tomorrow but in the meantime, has anybody else seen or heard of this before? My buddies on the force looked at it and they said it’s not a DQ letter. A DQ letter would have specifically told me I was disqualified but this never does.

Let me know what you guys all think!

Comment

• rolz_
            rolz_ commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s not a DQ. Call HR tomorrow. Did you do your pysch yet? If not, it may be an accident.

• Ohare2521
            Ohare2521 commented
            Editing a comment
            rolz_ yeah I did my psych already. They asked me to have my doctors fill out some additional forms and turn them in. I’ve done all that already so I’m thinking they either lost it in the shuffle or the psych people haven’t turned in my file.

I agree with you though, this isn’t a DQ. It’s probably just an accident or something.

• DannyBoy13
            DannyBoy13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ohare2521 that for sure is an odd email and I agree does not sounds like a DQ letter to me. I am sure HR will be able to tell you how and why you got this. Good luck getting clarification and if you can please share the feedback you get.

• Anybody with a poly from 12/2017 been contacted by a bi yet

Comment

• taysha2092
            taysha2092 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had mine in October and still not contacted

• ChicagoBorn773
            ChicagoBorn773 commented
            Editing a comment
            12/2017 poly taker here, patiently waiting on BI

• BEARDOWN_1991
            BEARDOWN_1991 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah they way the process has been going should be contacted soon. Hopefully

• TheChicagoKid1990
            TheChicagoKid1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            In the same boat! I called last week and they said to be patient...I'm not a patient person so this is eating me up lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8841 users online. 351 members and 8490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X