Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BI just called me and asked me some questions and then she said i’ll submit your file to the supervisors. I asked her what’s gonna happen she said they’ll eiter approve or disapprove and you’ll either get e-mail (fpt) or letter (dq).
    If they approve how long would it take to get e-mail? Someone know when is the next FPT?

Comment

• Ohare2521
      Ohare2521 commented
      Editing a comment
      That means you passed, honestly. My BI told me that they only pass your file to their supervisors if you passed.

• tfnsylmz
      tfnsylmz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m so glad to hear this! Thank you for relieving me bud

• firefighterbhfd4
      firefighterbhfd4 commented
      Editing a comment
      My background investigator said that he would be passing it on to his supervisors and that they were the determining factor.
      Last edited by firefighterbhfd4; 08-08-2018, 07:18 AM.

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's usually a good sign! I'm starting to wonder if they are having another FPT for you guys this weekend?Just speculation...good luck in the next steps guys.

• Updated Timeline:
    Test Taken: April 2016
    IPT: December 2016

( I was 19 at time of IPT. Had to wait to turn 21, that's why my wait was so long)

Polygraph: March 2018
    BI Assigned: May 2018
    Home Interview: July 2018 (BI was on month long leave, so that's why there's a gap)
    FPT: August 4 2018
    Psych Int: August 8 2018
    Medical: August 10 2018

Comment

• Fatal
      Fatal commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. I got everything done by today. Just have to wait and see how it turns out.

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      CPDHopeful117 You hear anything yet?

• CPDHopeful117
      CPDHopeful117 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet. I’m hoping they stagger them out. I did take my psych interview a few days later.

• For those who passed the fpt expect to be in the academy the 27th.

Comment

• Best of luck to those on the psychological and medical. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone.

Comment

• I feel like did a poor job during the psych interview. I hope it’s just me overthinking it all. Good luck to everyone

Comment

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone starts to overthink it after the written/oral psych. This is probably one of the most stressful parts of the process imo. No news is good news and you really have to push it to the back of your mind in the meantime. Good luck!

• davidorsov
          davidorsov commented
          Editing a comment
          Same with me! Especially since my friend had the same timeline as me and she already got the email on Monday. We're probably overthinking it, but no news is good news. Don't put it past The City to let you know with 3 days in advance that you gotta report to the Academy.

• CPDHopeful117
          CPDHopeful117 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, my guys. This puts my mind a bit more at ease. All I can do now is sit, wait, and hope for the best!

• Fatal
          Fatal commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't stress it. It's designed to stress you out.

• If anyone is looking for an apartment on the North side of the city, message me. 1BR/1BA for $1295, about 20 minutes drive to the academy in the morning, 30 minutes back. Washer & dryer in unit, dishwasher, central air & heat. Pets welcome. Move in mid-September and the lease is up May 31, 2019.

Comment

• Has anyone taken their power test at Nipsta? I have my power test for CPD coming up but I was deciding on taking the power test at Nipsta so I could also apply to other police departments. What kind of bench press did they use and in regards to the sit ups did everyone that participated do them together or did everyone go one at a time. Thank you.

Comment

• can someone share what notice to appear for academy looks like? or what it says as far as required documents and such ?

Comment

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              You have to EARN the right to look at it just kidding but I'm sure someone did that even though I personally don't think it's a good idea to post that. I think it's gonna be another 5-7 days hopefully you'll see it for yourself. Good luck.

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by southpaw1; 08-09-2018, 07:59 PM.

• Received the NTR for the Academy at 10:45 AM today.

Comment

• can someone share what notice to appear for academy looks like? or what it says as far as required documents and such ?

-------------

Here's what the 2 docs look like in the email. (these ones are old)

This is the body of the email:

From: Personnel Investigation <Personnel.Investigation@chicagopolice.org>
              Sent: Saturday, October, xx 20xx xx:xx AM
              To: (YOUR email)
              Subject: Notice to Report to the Chicago Police Department Headquarters & Training Academy

Congratulations! Please see attached for your Notice to Report to the Chicago Police Department Headquarters and Training Academy. Be sure to read the letter carefully and report on BOTH dates as instructed. RESPOND YOU WILL BE ATTENDING BOTH DATES.

Also, attached is a list of the documents you will need to bring with you on Thursday, xx Novenber 20xx to complete your paperwork at the Public Safety Headquarters Building, 3510 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL.

The Chicago Police Department

Personnel Investigation Section

3510 S. Michigan Ave.

Chicago, IL 60653

312-745-5230

Attached Files

Comment

• I kind of don’t want to ask this but, if I was DQ’d at my psych interview, how and when would I be notified of this? Thanks

Comment

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope you hear some good news soon! Good luck.

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CPDHopeful117 Yeah medical clearance seems to drag on. Hang in there guys!

• CPDHopeful117
                  CPDHopeful117 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, a buddy of mine told me that one of the instructors told him that they’re adding 10 more people this month’s class, but they’re just waiting on medicals to clear.

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's good news. I'm hearing the same. Once those medicals get cleared I'm sure there will be a few last minute NTRs. Keep us posted!

• Hey guys just a quick question. After my case manager submits my file over to CPD, when I will get a notification for the polygraph? Also will they notify me through email or phone call?

Comment

• tfnsylmz
                  tfnsylmz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is no spesific “when” most of the time actually because it really depends case by case. They call you for polygraph.

• Cpdd
                  Cpdd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great. Thank you for the information. I will look out for the call, hopefully they will leave a voicemail if anything

• tfnsylmz
                  tfnsylmz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, make sure you answer that call lol my BI called me and i was at work and couldn’t speak with her. I offered to take a break 5 mins later or anytime that day, she said no problem i’ll call you tomorrow. And then i waited another 3 weeks xD

• Cpdd
                  Cpdd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh thats so bogus!! I will definitely keep a look out.

• Any FPT soon?

Comment

• ttom
                  ttom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fpt - 8/25

• tfnsylmz
                  tfnsylmz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When they sent the invitation e-mail?

• ttom
                  ttom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last Monday

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some people get it early and some very last minute as was mentioned. Check your junk, spam mail, etc. It's still early.

• Is the academy uniform khaki or blue.
                youtube videos show both, I think.

Comment

• CPDHopeful117
                  CPDHopeful117 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  First physical fitness exam, or written exam?

• CPDNJS
                  CPDNJS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  First Written exam, then you go into blues if you pass.

• golfdelta117
                  golfdelta117 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Buy a cheap suit...I know you read it a lot but seriously, unless you don't care about sweating through your suits. You WILL be working out for at least 1-2 weeks in your suits and rolling around on the floor just like my class did and every other class before. Don't worry about uniforms until your home room instructors tell you to worry about them.

• tfnsylmz
                  tfnsylmz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How you guys keeping clean your suit, like sweating a lot everyday. Same day dry clean everyday or by yourselves at home?

• Any more ntr for academy? And when is orientation? Thanks

Comment

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you waiting for this class and did you hear anything?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8551 users online. 336 members and 8215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X