300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Police 2017

The new exam has been put up by the city today.

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/e...icer_Exam.html

lol that's crazy.. thanks for the heads up though.
    WORK HARD. DREAM BIG!!

Comment

They city made good on the promise to hold another test 12 months later. I'm currently in the 2016 process, but will apply for 2017 to improve my chances of getting through.

Comment

Mayor and Supt. having a press conference about it right now.

www.chicagopolice.org

http://abc7chicago.com/live/23381/

Comment

WOW!

I just heard Superintendent say in a television interview not only are they going to waive the entrance fee, the CTA will offer you free transportation to and from the exam. They DESPERATELY want minority candidates.

Comment

Wow this is an interesting development. If the 2016 process is going fast for some people then I wonder what the timeframe will be for this 2017 test from IPT to academy.

Comment

Does anyone know who I should contact once I earn all my college credits so they can add it to my file so I can finish the processing

Comment

I have to give you lads credit for willingly wanting to work in an Anthill like Chicago.
                It's beyond my understanding why someone would jump into a cesspool...... but then again ..... marching off to fight a war when you don't understand any of the reasons makes no sense these days either.
                Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

100k a year + benefits. That is the reason why thousands line up to test each time, and the fact that everyone makes it out of FTO.
                  Last edited by big_girl; 11-24-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer View Post
                    I have to give you lads credit for willingly wanting to work in an Anthill like Chicago.
                    It's beyond my understanding why someone would jump into a cesspool...... but then again ..... marching off to fight a war when you don't understand any of the reasons makes no sense these days either.
                    Well the money is ok but still not worth it. The test is a joke. The academy is even more of a joke! Anyone that has problems passing it is really stupid or very lazy! Everyone and I mean everyone passes FTO program. You need to really F up in order to fail the FTO program. Everything is politics and race on this job. It's sad and pathetic really. I still laugh when I see others walking around thinking they are the only real police on this planet lmao. Nevertheless good luck to anyone that test, but I heard that if you are white male with no clout you have almost zero chance.

Comment

Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post

Well the money is ok but still not worth it. The test is a joke. The academy is even more of a joke! Anyone that has problems passing it is really stupid or very lazy! Everyone and I mean everyone passes FTO program. You need to really F up in order to fail the FTO program. Everything is politics and race on this job. It's sad and pathetic really. I still laugh when I see others walking around thinking they are the only real police on this planet lmao. Nevertheless good luck to anyone that test, but I heard that if you are white male with no clout you have almost zero chance.
                      Man, I remember someone else saying this some years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by big_girl View Post
                        100k a year + benefits. That is the reason why thousands line up to test each time, and the fact that everyone makes it out of FTO.

100k?!? Yes we make good money considering you don't need a degree....but even if your are busting your a** working OT, 100k as a blue shirt isn't really a reality.

I agree with everything Impala said, never seen anyone fail FTO. And the ones who failed the academy were due to them not being able to shoot.

Good luck to everyone in the process, this job is what you make it.
                        Last edited by 19-Paul; 11-25-2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 19-Paul View Post

100k?!? Yes we make good money considering you don't need a degree....but even if your are busting your a** working OT, 100k as a blue shirt isn't really a reality.

I know officers who have made up to $150,000 a year in the last 4 years or so with "VRI" (The Violence Reduction Initiative) where you work your days off pretty much chilling out in high crime areas just providing high visibility with a squad car.

I'm a sergeant with 25 plus years.. To say the least I have made close to $180,000 last year.

If your smart, you'll put the maximum amount into your 457D account which is $18,000 a year.

If you stay "maxed out" in the plan you will never have to work another day in your life when you retire at age 55.

Comment

Not a bad paying gig and many still complain.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD-Retired-On-Duty View Post

I know officers who have made up to $150,000 a year in the last 4 years or so with "VRI" (The Violence Reduction Initiative) where you work your days off pretty much chilling out in high crime areas just providing high visibility with a squad car.

I'm a sergeant with 25 plus years.. To say the least I have made close to $180,000 last year.

If your smart, you'll put the maximum amount into your 457D account which is $18,000 a year.

If you stay "maxed out" in the plan you will never have to work another day in your life when you retire at age 55.

That's a a lot of OT for a PO, they must be working every chance they get. I know some coppers otj are money hungry & VRI is easy money. I work it here and there but I have little kids so my time off is important too. Plus my spouse is otj so we make a pretty good living with just our base salaries. Even making 80k a year, that's still 70k in over time, that's insane! When do thy sleep?? Ha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10219 users online. 357 members and 9862 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X