Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me why Chicago is......

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post

That is the way police think. Something has to be wrong bc its to perfect. I am telling you other then my parents being divorced I am clean as a whistle. Limited friends, went through summers taking extra classes to finish college in 3 years . Didnt do spring break like other students. I guess for some people its hard to believe that a person can be clean of drama.
    EVERYONE has an issue. EVERYONE.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post

I can, I have never committed a crime, never been arrested, done any kind of drug or committed any illegal offences. I graduated college in the 1% tile and have honorees to prove it. I have been drug tested 15 times in my life and currently work at a sheriff dept in NW burbs. I turned down Cook, worked at IDOC and currently in my new position. There are people that do have spotless records, although rare, they exist.
      Did you go to the Final Interview for CCDOC ?

Comment

....nevermind
        Last edited by southpaw1; 10-19-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

Feeling special now? Want a cookie?

You think you're "clean as a whistle", big deal. My point is that if an agency wants to DQ an applicant, there's stuff to be found.

Right now, your attitude seems a bit telling. Seems like you need to make a point of how "flawless" you are. This could be construed as a personality deficiency.
          That can be said about you as well, always thinking that someone has to have a slight ( suspicious ) or flaw in their bg. That type of thinking is flawed and no my personality isn't the issue. I was clearly making a statement about why people get DQ'ed and how departments look at individuals bg and think their not FIT to be PO. Yet I see in the news countless po and lets face it all are not meant to wear the uniform and badge. All i'm saying is that BI's are using a judgement on what they think about a candidate. Their opinion has some weigh in the process and they dont get it perfect all the time. The whole police process needs an overhaul. Thats all i'm saying. And yes I feel special, my parents raised me right and the things they taught me carried me on to HS, College, and the department i'm on now. So yes I will have that COOKIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

Of the 8,000 plus candidates, how many are actually "viable"?
            Out of 8000 candidates, they will probably hire 1000. And I'm being generous. 750 to 1000 out of the 8000 candidates will make it all the way. And that's that.
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Maybe 1500 if they're a clean and solid group. But that's max with an extra generosity. Fact.
              "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Out of 8000 candidates, they will probably hire 1000. And I'm being generous. 750 to 1000 out of the 8000 candidates will make it all the way. And that's that.

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                Maybe 1500 if they're a clean and solid group. But that's max with an extra generosity. Fact.
                Are you arguing with yourself?

Comment

On a good day, it would be closer to 600 or less.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by 19-Paul View Post

Are you arguing with yourself?
                    Negative squad, take a disregard.

Comment

What in the world is knocking out 7,000 people???

Comment

Originally posted by Rnelson View Post
                        First a lot of people take the test just to take it and then never even go to the first power test. Then there's those who fail the power test, fail the drug test, have a been arrested, can't pass the psych or poly test. Some people find other jobs, some have a change of heart, some are simply too lazy to finish the required paperwork. Not everyone applying is meant to be the police, yet some still manage to get hired. I personally know probably 10 people who took the written test and never got hired due to one of the reasons above.
                        Last edited by 19-Paul; 02-27-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rnelson View Post
                          Residency, failing to maintain personal physical fitness and making bad choices in life for starters.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Negative squad, take a disregard.
                            Bet you don't know why you say "squad" to the dispatcher...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post

I know why, but I'm confused by why he's calling me squad?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post

Why do they say squad?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10716 users online. 394 members and 10322 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X