Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me why Chicago is......

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpd2010*
    replied
    Originally posted by HI629 View Post

Feeling special now? Want a cookie?

You think you're "clean as a whistle", big deal. My point is that if an agency wants to DQ an applicant, there's stuff to be found.

Right now, your attitude seems a bit telling. Seems like you need to make a point of how "flawless" you are. This could be construed as a personality deficiency.
    That can be said about you as well, always thinking that someone has to have a slight ( suspicious ) or flaw in their bg. That type of thinking is flawed and no my personality isn't the issue. I was clearly making a statement about why people get DQ'ed and how departments look at individuals bg and think their not FIT to be PO. Yet I see in the news countless po and lets face it all are not meant to wear the uniform and badge. All i'm saying is that BI's are using a judgement on what they think about a candidate. Their opinion has some weigh in the process and they dont get it perfect all the time. The whole police process needs an overhaul. Thats all i'm saying. And yes I feel special, my parents raised me right and the things they taught me carried me on to HS, College, and the department i'm on now. So yes I will have that COOKIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    replied
    ....nevermind
    Last edited by southpaw1; 10-19-2016, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fritter
    replied
    Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post

I can, I have never committed a crime, never been arrested, done any kind of drug or committed any illegal offences. I graduated college in the 1% tile and have honorees to prove it. I have been drug tested 15 times in my life and currently work at a sheriff dept in NW burbs. I turned down Cook, worked at IDOC and currently in my new position. There are people that do have spotless records, although rare, they exist.
    Did you go to the Final Interview for CCDOC ?

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied

That is the way police think. Something has to be wrong bc its to perfect. I am telling you other then my parents being divorced I am clean as a whistle. Limited friends, went through summers taking extra classes to finish college in 3 years . Didnt do spring break like other students. I guess for some people its hard to believe that a person can be clean of drama.
    EVERYONE has an issue. EVERYONE.

Leave a comment:

• warhead9090
    replied
    How about those "Contact Cards" being stop by police does that look bad?

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied

That is the way police think. Something has to be wrong bc its to perfect. I am telling you other then my parents being divorced I am clean as a whistle. Limited friends, went through summers taking extra classes to finish college in 3 years . Didnt do spring break like other students. I guess for some people its hard to believe that a person can be clean of drama.
    Feeling special now? Want a cookie?

You think you're "clean as a whistle", big deal. My point is that if an agency wants to DQ an applicant, there's stuff to be found.

Right now, your attitude seems a bit telling. Seems like you need to make a point of how "flawless" you are. This could be construed as a personality deficiency.

Leave a comment:

• cpd2010*
    replied

With enough digging there is sure to be "something" that is at least "questionable" in your past, or with people you currently associate with.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Six year olds can't commit a crime. Try again.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post

So to that point, I don't have anything on my record except a few speeding tickets (over 5 years ago)....never been arrested, detained, never tried any drugs, etc. I don't even drink lol. I'm not just saying it to say it but it's to the point that it sounds like a flat out lie when I tell people that. I was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago and was pretty grounded. I learned through other people's mistakes. I'm not perfect by any means but I'm far from a hiring liability.

Okay so back to my point. The CPD polygrapher finally got something out of me. She asked "As a kid did you ever play on your neighbors' front lawn?" I said, yes. She said, well that's trespassing! I told her "Well ma'am...you got me there! As a 6 year old little kid I trespassed on my neighbors lawn". LOL. CPD was willing to overlook it and hire me hahah.
    Wouldn't be trespassing if your neighbor gave you permission.

What's your point?

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    With enough digging there is sure to be "something" that is at least "questionable" in your past, or with people you currently associate with.
    I had not even touched on this part yet, but friends and family can also be an issue. You choose who you hang with, not so much with your family, but either of these things can keep you out of a cop job.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    replied

So to that point, I don't have anything on my record except a few speeding tickets (over 5 years ago)....never been arrested, detained, never tried any drugs, etc. I don't even drink lol. I'm not just saying it to say it but it's to the point that it sounds like a flat out lie when I tell people that. I was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago and was pretty grounded. I learned through other people's mistakes. I'm not perfect by any means but I'm far from a hiring liability.

Okay so back to my point. The CPD polygrapher finally got something out of me. She asked "As a kid did you ever play on your neighbors' front lawn?" I said, yes. She said, well that's trespassing! I told her "Well ma'am...you got me there! As a 6 year old little kid I trespassed on my neighbors lawn". LOL. CPD was willing to overlook it and hire me hahah.
    Last edited by southpaw1; 10-18-2016, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied

I can, I have never committed a crime, never been arrested, done any kind of drug or committed any illegal offences. I graduated college in the 1% tile and have honorees to prove it. I have been drug tested 15 times in my life and currently work at a sheriff dept in NW burbs. I turned down Cook, worked at IDOC and currently in my new position. There are people that do have spotless records, although rare, they exist.

Leave a comment:

• 19-Paul
    replied
    A lot current officers are retiring. There was a large hiring phase in the late 80's those officers now have enough time on the job to retire with a full pension. Plus there was another one in the 90's and those officers may leave after 20 years and start a new career etc. The department needs to keep up with those retiring officers. Plus it takes about 1-2 years to get hired, people who took the last test may pass on taking the IPT, due to another job offer, change of plans, etc. Also you now have to be 18 to take the test so people who were underage the last test, can now take the test. Basically things are always changing. Plus the department has not be full force since the 90's, we could easily use another 2,000 coppers now!

Leave a comment:

• cpd2010*
    replied

NOBODY has a "spotless" record. With enough digging, there will be "dirt" found.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by Rnelson View Post
    What do you think about the people getting bounced that have spotless records??
    NOBODY has a "spotless" record. With enough digging, there will be "dirt" found.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7660 users online. 306 members and 7354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X