Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me why Chicago is......

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me why Chicago is......

Opening up another exam when they have 8,000 plus candidates in a pool as it is? That should be enough bodies for 5 years one would think.....

They like huge pools
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Doesn't make any sense

Comment

I remember reading in these forums that someone stated that the 2016 list would be exhausted by the end of 2017. So I assume that the new test in April 2017 would be for 2018 hiring.

Comment

Do you pay a fee for testing?
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Rnelson View Post
            Doesn't make any sense
            Anybody that works in large govt knows that nothing makes sense. If something does, that’s just weird.

Comment

Opening up another exam when they have 8,000 plus candidates in a pool as it is? That should be enough bodies for 5 years one would think.....
              Of the 8,000 plus candidates, how many are actually "viable"?
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                Of the 8,000 plus candidates, how many are actually "viable"?
                ^^This is the reason^^

When they do the percentages, they likely need at least 200 candidates for every position they are going to fill. So many of these people will be eliminated through the interview process and many more during backgrounds. Even though the city has 'lowered the bar', there is still a shortage of qualified, viable candidates.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Do you pay a fee for testing?
                  There will be a fee. I think it was $30 last time but I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Corsell View Post

There will be a fee. I think it was $30 last time but I am not sure.
                    And now you know WHY. See? Easy.

Comment

What are some causes one would be bounced from the background check?

Comment

Read ANY of the one million answers posted to that question on this forum. What do YOU think..?

Comment

What do you think about the people getting bounced that have spotless records??

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                            Read ANY of the one million answers posted to that question on this forum. What do YOU think..?
                            Exactly. Start with the search of "Can I Still Be A Cop If (insert your indiscretion here)".
                            What are some causes one would be bounced from the background check?
                            Any driving / traffic issues, an arrest (even without a conviction), neighbors, co-workers, supervisors, teachers, school administrators who give the applicant a thumbs-down, etc. I had a (seemingly) squeaky clean candidate once; after speaking to a former supervisor, I learned that he had an ex-girlfriend. She led me to several of his other ex-whatevers and they all threw him under the bus as a person who psychologically abuses and threatens people. He had never been arrested and hadn't received a traffic citation since he was a teenager. I then went to the guidance office at his old high school; when the guidance counselor told me to close the door and called the assistant principal in, I saw a red-flag there.

After interviewing several teachers and everyone else at the school, I knew this guy was at the very least a sociopath. We had a provision for a psychological exam back then and sent him to see the shrink and that was the DQ factor that I needed to end his career before it started.
                            What do you think about the people getting bounced that have spotless records??
                            They may not interview well, they may not have any juice, they may not have scored as well, it can be for any number of reasons.

Last edited by slamdunc; 10-18-2016, 11:14 AM.
                            “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Rahm "said" back in JUL that they will drop the $30 fee to attract more minorities. To run the exam costs the city about 1.5M. With 14,234 applicants having paid to take the exam this year, it doesn’t come close to covering the cost.

Instead of raising the fee to help cover the cost like a good fiscal manager (or finding ways to cut the costs), he will let the citizens of Chicago take the hit for a purely political ploy on his part. Its as close as you can get to buying a vote without handing people money.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11637 users online. 432 members and 11205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X