300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Academies

Well since I found this out, does anyone have any other ideas how I can become a police officer without getting hired by a department first?
    I dont care if its a part time academy a full time academy or even a reserve/aux officer position.
    Thanks in advance

TRAINING UPDATE

“Intern Training Program/Police Academy”

January 2007

Please be advised is ILETSB currently reviewing the Intern Training Program (Public Act 90-259) to assess the Program’s continued offering. As such, enrollment applications are not being accepted at this time.

Additional information will be posted to the Board’s website as it becomes available.

Why would you want to pay money to go through an academy on your own when you can be hired by a police department and have them pay for it?
    Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

there are alot of departments, espically the smaller ones that will only accept apps from those who are already certified. having that cert is worth its weight in gold if you dont care how small the dept is.
      In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

Originally posted by PROBY
        there are alot of departments, espically the smaller ones that will only accept apps from those who are already certified. having that cert is worth its weight in gold if you dont care how small the dept is.
        Metra Cops

Comment

having that cert is worth its weight in gold if you dont care how small the dept is.
          But most Dept's that want the Cert also want the experience to go with it, i.e., have already been a street cop. But I guess you are right, it probably could get you on some podunk dept making $8 an hour.
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Tux,

The "Intern" program was the only route in Illinois to self-sponsor through a police academy. You will have to hired by some department to go through an official police academy in Illinois. This rule applies to full-time and part-time academies.
            Christ, you know it ain't easy...

Comment

Search my post about Part-time P/O's and Dept's. Personally, I don't know anyone that has put themselves through the school around Chicago. If you're not hired in, I believe 2 years, your certification turns into a pumpkin. Just start making those phone calls. A lot of the P/T gigs (especially So. suburbs) aren't advertised.

Comment

Sounds like you are going what I'm going through. My DAD just retired as a Chicago Policeman after 35 years of service, my brother was a Chicago cop and now has moved out of the city and is working in the far southwest suburbs for a good agency. I recently moved to Arizona and I don't know if IL. has a college like I found out here in AZ where you can actually pay to go to a 10 month class oriented around this job. I don't know if you are interested in moving but all you here and see out here is advertisement for policeman in all cities. Anyway here is a link where you can find some info out and maybe help you along in your future.

http://www.gc.maricopa.edu/justice/leo/Acadmain.HTM
                Don't Think About The Pain, But Think ABout The Gain!

Comment

I can pay my way through the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxEMS
                    I can pay my way through the academy.
                    How???? Most academies (PTI, Chicago, etc.) to the best of my knowledge REQUIRE that you are employed by a department or you can't be accepted. Please share the knowledge of where it is that you are going to self-sponser. I'd be interested in that.

Comment

He can't.

As I stated in an earlier post, by State law, (don't ask me to tell you which one, I've long since forgotten) you must be "sponsored" through an Academy by an employing agency. This applies to full-time academies (PTI, CoD, etc) and part-time academies (Morraine Valley, NEMRT, etc).

The only route to self-sponsor was through the Intern program, details of which are/were on the ILETSB website.

That's all I know, and probably worth what you paid for it !!!

Christ, you know it ain't easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer
                        He can't.

As I stated in an earlier post, by State law, (don't ask me to tell you which one, I've long since forgotten) you must be "sponsored" through an Academy by an employing agency. This applies to full-time academies (PTI, CoD, etc) and part-time academies (Morraine Valley, NEMRT, etc).

The only route to self-sponsor was through the Intern program, details of which are/were on the ILETSB website.

That's all I know, and probably worth what you paid for it !!!

That was my understanding of it as well. Just suprised to hear otherwise, even if untrue.

Comment

my response was...

my response was for AZ-HOPEFULL!

i can pay my way through and going to arizona is a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxEMS
                            my response was for AZ-HOPEFULL!

i can pay my way through and going to arizona is a thought.
                            Would've helped to specify. Would be cool if Illinois would have that though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11047 users online. 452 members and 10595 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X