Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joliet

anyone know what test they use?
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

By reading the old thread it was POST.

Comment

is that similar to the CPD test?

Comment

No. CPD uses its own test. POST is what a lot of the suburbs use. It sucks. It's a VERY easy test, but unless you score in the high 90's, don't expect to be any where in the top 100. Specially in a place like Joliet where easily 500+ are going to test for.

Comment

Has anyone taken a power test at Joliet Junior College? How strict are they with the sit-ups?

Comment

if you mean in regards to form, you have to keep your fingers interlocked behind your head and make sure your elbows have to touch your knees. if you mean in regards to being short one or two? they will disqualify you if you do not meet the requirements.
            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
              if you mean in regards to form, you have to keep your fingers interlocked behind your head and make sure your elbows have to touch your knees. if you mean in regards to being short one or two? they will disqualify you if you do not meet the requirements.
              Yes. Absolutely true. As long as your fingers stay interlocked, elbows touch knees, back touches the mat, you're good. I've taken their power test, was short one sit up and they failed me, which is to be expected. However, they offered me to go for a run (since I passed sit-and-reach and a bench press), and then to reschedule sit ups only for a later date. I cant remember if that retake was at no charge or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific016 View Post

Yes. Absolutely true. As long as your fingers stay interlocked, elbows touch knees, back touches the mat, you're good. I've taken their power test, was short one sit up and they failed me, which is to be expected. However, they offered me to go for a run (since I passed sit-and-reach and a bench press), and then to reschedule sit ups only for a later date. I cant remember if that retake was at no charge or not.
                That's very good news. Kinda take some pressure off me lol. I want to go there and take the test and get it done

Comment

Originally posted by Corsell View Post

That's very good news. Kinda take some pressure off me lol. I want to go there and take the test and get it done
                  From what you explained in CPD 2016 thread, the sit ups form/counting is just the same over at JJC. First you do sit-and-reach, then off to a pin machine. Then they will walk you out to a hallway and have you pair with someone. He/she will hold your feet. You can take your time to start. Once you go up they'll start the clock. The instructor will count out loud. After that you go outside on a track. It's six laps. Be careful on that track, it was kinda run down. Few places had some gravel on it, so it's easy to slip if you loose your traction. It might have been cleaned/repaired. I took JJC test in April last year. But something to be aware. You'll be fine. Good luck buddy.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information. I will do my best!

Comment

Quick update about power testing at JJC
                      I took the power test 10/15/16 and passed. They still use the pin machine for the bench press, which is lighter than free weights. They required that your elbows be always pointing forwards for the sit-ups. During the run, they let you listen to music if you want to. The track was under construction so we had to run on the road next to the parking lot. We had to do five laps around. The whole power test was easy. It was just seven people including myself and we all passed. We were issued POWER cards right after the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Corsell View Post
                        Quick update about power testing at JJC
                        I took the power test 10/15/16 and passed. They still use the pin machine for the bench press, which is lighter than free weights. They required that your elbows be always pointing forwards for the sit-ups. During the run, they let you listen to music if you want to. The track was under construction so we had to run on the road next to the parking lot. We had to do five laps around. The whole power test was easy. It was just seven people including myself and we all passed. We were issued POWER cards right after the run.
                        Congrats man. I'm thinking about doing that soon

Comment

You'd think with this test coming up, and the advertisement Joliet is doing this thread would have more than one page...

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                            You'd think with this test coming up, and the advertisement Joliet is doing this thread would have more than one page...
                            Did you apply? I'm thinking about it..

Comment

I normally use these threads to guage how many people plan on testing, and using that method, which is in no way scientific, yes I will apply...as it seems not very many people intend to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9667 users online. 449 members and 9218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X