300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOID Card?

I sent in my application for my FOID card on Dec 8th (I remember it was the day before teh drug test). Still haven't got it yet...been 6 weeks...how long does it take? Is anyone else waiting? I guess with all the Feb testers they got a bunch in at one time...they didn't cash my 5 dollar check yet so I know it wasn't sent...should I send another application?

it took me something like 3 months when I put in for it. They said 8 weeks when I signed up for it though.

Comment

I am not surprised. Anything under three months is good. The Feb. testers will not slow down the process for ISP. It will be the game hunters with the expired FOID cards in the month of January. It can take a long time for them to process it. And don't send in another application. You should be able to call and verify if ISP received it at 217.782.7980.
      Last edited by LockednLoaded; 01-29-2007, 10:41 PM.
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

I sent mine in the same time as you and I haven't received anything yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCitySW
          I sent mine in the same time as you and I haven't received anything yet either.
          I sent mine in around the same time as well. Nothing yet but they did cash my check.

Comment

sorry everyone, i forgot to mention that. i sent out my FOI application on december 4th and i received my FOI card this past thursday, the 25th. they didn't even use the picture that i submitted with the application. they ended up putting my drivers license picture on there instead. could be that only a small portion of my shoulders was showing on the pic that i sent. hang in there, you should be receiving it pretting soon. it comes in a plain white envelope that says something like illinois state police on the top left corner.
            sigpic

Comment

could be that only a small portion of my shoulders was showing on the pic that i sent.
              That has nothing to do with it. On all new FOID's your DL pic is being used. Why they still make you send in a photograph, who knows, the State moves in slow ways. Or maybe as a backup incase your pic can't be "downloaded".
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Blagojevich under the gun for FOID problems

January 15, 2006

By Kurt Erickson and Matt Adrian

You might call what's happened over the past two weeks a FOID-ian slip on the part of Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

If there is one thing Blagojevich should know, it's not to mess with the gun guys - and gun ladies.

During his 2002 campaign for governor, he was forced to moderate his position on gun control away from his efforts to ban handguns and raise the cost of a Firearms Owner Identification Card to one that more accurately reflected Illinois' diverse population.

On the trail, he eschewed legislation he had once sponsored as a lawmaker to boost the cost of a FOID card after, well, getting in tune with some of the folks who live outside of Cook County.

It seemed clear he understood what he had to do. After all, even after he won, he continued courting the gun folks. In his first budget speech, he reiterated his stance that he would not raise the cost of a FOID card beyond its current $5 level.

"And let me repeat a promise you've heard me make before," he said during the speech. "I said it once, I'll say it again. We will not raise the FOID card. Not one dime. Not one nickel. Not one penny."

Over the last two weeks, however, Blagojevich appears to have lost his way. The Illinois State Police, because of Blagojevich-induced staff cuts, got so far behind in processing FOID cards, the state made felons out of many gun owners in Illinois by failing to get new or renewed FOID cards processed in a timely fashion.

Instead of waiting the requisite 30 days for their cards, gun owners have found themselves waiting up to 50 days. And yes, the state police said, those folks could be arrested for possessing a gun without a valid FOID card, even if it's the state's fault for not getting the FOID cards out in time.

After we first reported the situation, the governor's office quickly found some cash to remedy the situation. They are in the process of hiring more people to staff the division that processes the cards.

That hasn't stopped gun owners from piping up about how they feel about Blagojevich.

The vocal ones, quite frankly, still don't trust the Chicago Democrat as he runs for a second term.

Richard Pearson, the executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association, said the delays are some sort of "form of political retribution."

"Law-abiding gun owners put forth a good faith effort to comply with the law," said Pearson. "Nonetheless, they face felony prosecution because the Illinois State Police cannot, or will not, live up to the agency's legal obligations."

Readers had a lot to say about the situation, too.

Larry Mason of Macomb e-mailed this note: "I believe that this is an intentional slowdown. It is time for Illinois lawmakers to eliminate the FOID card for Illinois citizens. The FOID card does nothing to prevent crime."

Ed Nichols related his experience in dealing with the state, saying the application process is worrisome because gun owners are required to give a lot of sensitive and personal information to the state, including a picture, Social Security number, signature and checking account numbers.

"In this age of identity theft, the people of Illinois deserve expedient service and vigilant accountability of their personal information when it is requested and required by a state agency. As of this date they receive neither," Nichols wrote.

Marilyn Westenborg e-mailed to say, "Illinois' stupid FOID cards may be good for only 5 years, but the 2nd Amendment is good 24/7. The good citizens of Illinois need to vote the dictatorial tyrants out of office."

And James Cordts of Decatur said, "It's a fact that our current governor is anti-gun. I believe the current lack of staffing and delays are just another attempt by the anti-gun people to discourage gun ownership. If government is going to pass laws and regulations, then the people have the right to demand that this government provide a way to comply with its laws."

For the governor, the message from gun owners was clear last week: Though he may have gotten a few of their votes in 2002, he's not done a whole lot to win any of them as he heads into a re-election campaign.

Kurt Erickson and Matt Adrian cover state government for Lee News Service. They can be reached at kurt.ericksonyayaylee.net, matt.adrianyayaylee.net or 21

Comment

haven't seen any recent posts, but have you all been receiving your FOID cards? also, for those with some experience/knowledge, does this mean i can now buy a gun? not that i want to go out and do something stupid, but i have a brother who is a detective up in wisconsin and mentioned that the next time he came down we go to the shooting range. i have his way in to it cuz he needs to go with someone with an illinois FOID. he said they don't have FOID cards in wisconsin, strange. anyway, just want to know, i'd rather wait to see if i get into the academy so i could learn the way they teach me. JUST CURIOUS, that's all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madduxrox
                    haven't seen any recent posts, but have you all been receiving your FOID cards? also, for those with some experience/knowledge, does this mean i can now buy a gun? not that i want to go out and do something stupid, but i have a brother who is a detective up in wisconsin and mentioned that the next time he came down we go to the shooting range. i have his way in to it cuz he needs to go with someone with an illinois FOID. he said they don't have FOID cards in wisconsin, strange. anyway, just want to know, i'd rather wait to see if i get into the academy so i could learn the way they teach me. JUST CURIOUS, that's all.
                    I have not, although my BI told me that he checked a website and a # has been assigned to me so he told me to call them...I've been calling the # and it is busy ALL THE TIME...I finally got thru yesterday, went thru the auto system, then I got a voice saying "We care closed due to the weather....ugh...they haven't cashed my 5.00 check...

Comment

as long as you arent a resident of chicago you can buy a firearms it is specific with what ever town or city you reside in. IL law to go to the range you have to be with someone with a FOID card because they need to buy the ammo for the range, they just need an ID that says they are 21

Comment

man, they cashed my check pretty fast. i sent in my FOID application Dec. 3rd and i'll say that by Dec. 11th, my check had been cashed. got my card in about 6 weeks. hang in there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mine came last week.

Comment

I finally got thru, they will be sending my card with 7 days...said my application and a bunch of others got all tangled up (BS I'm sure but with all the Feb applicants maybe..)..so thats the last peice I needed for my BI.

Comment

I sent my app. the week before New Years and just got my card today if that gives you any idea.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6777 users online. 192 members and 6585 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X