300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything happens for a reason

I am happy to announce that after I failed the Feb. 06 CPD test I went out and applied at a suburban department which just gave me a conditional offer of employment. There where 200 candidates at the start of the process and now the final eligibility list is compiled of 20 people of which I am number 2 . They had the same 60 college credit requirement as the city does; their test was in my opinion harder than the CPD test with a memory section and a very long psych section. If I pass the poly/psych/medical I will be at the Suburban Law Enforcement Academy in April. So to wrap it all up I felt so down when I got the results from Chicago saying I was “not qualified” and I set a goal for myself to get hired as a police officer because I know I am qualified regardless of what “Earnest & Young” say. The only mistake I made is applying for Chicago and waiting for almost a year for the results without applying at other suburban departments. Had I applied during that year in waiting I would probably be an officer by now, but hey everything happens for a reason. For those of you applying and failing, yes failing, don’t give up!

Congratulations on the conditional offer of employment. It stinks that you waited a year for "did not qualify" but you're right, everything does happen for a reason.

Are you in the south, north or western 'burbs?

Comment

I live in Chicago, but the department I got the conditional offer with is in the Western suburbs.

Comment

Good luck, and cross your fingures you pass the rest of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDBG
          I live in Chicago, but the department I got the conditional offer with is in the Western suburbs.
          Congrats! Which dept. if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I would like to tell you which department it is but I am still technically not officially hired, and I don’t want to reveal it yet. I can only tell you that it’s a department that is very busy in the Western suburbs and the starting pay is in the low 50’s. I will keep you updated on the remainder of the process.

Comment

I'll take a guess..Aurora

Comment

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

I'll take a guess..Aurora
                  I'm guessing more than 200 showed and I'm sure more than 20 are on that list.
                  www.saveavet.org

Comment

Update

Hi guys and gals, here is an update on my process. After I got my conditional offer I went and took the psych and poly. They were scheduled for the same day and were administered at the same place.
                    A week after that I got a call form my BI informing me that I passed both poly and psych and that he will start my background. After that for about two weeks I started getting phone calls from my references, current and former bosses, friends, and neighbors, that a detective called them and asked them about me. He even came to my home to talk with my wife while I was at work.
                    After he was done I got a phone call to come in to the police station and meet with the deputy chief who was also going to take my fingerprints. When I was “interviewing” with the deputy chief it was mostly small talk about how great this job is and what not. He took my fingerprints the old fashioned way with the ink even though they had that scanning machine, he told me he does not now how to use it yet. He took two sets of fingerprints on two separate cards, I don’t know why two, but maybe someone here can shed some light on that.
                    About a week later I got a call to go for a medical exam, which consisted of lifting 40lbs (to see if I have a back problem), vision test, hearing test, drug test, and a regular doctor’s exam, which included a Hepatitis B and Tetanus vaccines. This is the latest; I have not gotten any calls since the medical which was last week, I guess they are waiting for the drug test to come back. Do you think they would give these vaccines (according to the nurse they are mandatory if you are going to be a police officer) if they are not going to pick me up. Everyone I have dealt with up to this point has been reluctant to straight out tell me that I am in; they keep on saying that I passed their portion but it’s up to someone else to make that decision. Does anyone know if the whole process is looked upon as a whole “big picture” by the commission or chief at the end or is it as you pass each stage along the way you are called for the next one? I am so exited, good luck to everyone testing and stay safe; I will keep you updated if something new comes along.
                    Last edited by CPDBG; 03-12-2007, 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by CPDBG
                      Hi guys and gals, here is an update on my process. After I got my conditional offer I went and took the psych and poly. They were scheduled for the same day and were administered at the same place.
                      A week after that I got a call form my BI informing me that I passed both poly and psych and that he will start my background. After that for about two weeks I started getting phone calls from my references, current and former bosses, friends, and neighbors, that a detective called them and asked them about me. He even came to my home to talk with my wife while I was at work.
                      After he was done I got a phone call to come in to the police station and meet with the deputy chief who was also going to take my fingerprints. When I was “interviewing” with the deputy chief it was mostly small talk about how great this job is and what not. He took my fingerprints the old fashioned way with the ink even though they had that scanning machine, he told me he does not now how to use it yet. He took two sets of fingerprints on two separate cards, I don’t know why two, but maybe someone here can shed some light on that.
                      About a week later I got a call to go for a medical exam, which consisted of lifting 40lbs (to see if I have a back problem), vision test, hearing test, drug test, and a regular doctor’s exam, which included a Hepatitis B and Tetanus vaccines. This is the latest; I have not gotten any calls since the medical which was last week, I guess they are waiting for the drug test to come back. Do you think they would give these vaccines (according to the nurse they are mandatory if you are going to be a police officer) if they are not going to pick me up. Everyone I have dealt with up to this point has been reluctant to straight out tell me that I am in; they keep on saying that I passed their portion but it’s up to someone else to make that decision. Does anyone know if the whole process is looked upon as a whole “big picture” by the commission or chief at the end or is it as you pass each stage along the way you are called for the next one? I am so exited, good luck to everyone testing and stay safe; I will keep you updated if something new comes along.
                      Hey good luck with everything. Just have some patients on this. I haven't looked at the academy dated yet but, you probably have 3 weeks or 3 month wait until the next academy starts up.

Comment

Failed test taker

I failed the Feb.6th test too. I used a computer that shut down during the test.I listened to a representative from Ernest&Young who told me I had completed the test. I took the test in the suburbs too,passed and was #2 on the list. Started my new job a week ago. The guys I work with are great ,so is the pay. I guess when one door closes another opens.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8101 users online. 353 members and 7748 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X