300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joliet PD

Hey, did anyone on here get the poly/psych/background done yet? Just curious where you are at if you did. I hear a RUMOR that 3-4 will be hired to go to PTI in January '07.

Originally posted by styguy531
    Hey, did anyone on here get the poly/psych/background done yet? Just curious where you are at if you did. I hear a RUMOR that 3-4 will be hired to go to PTI in January '07.
    Damn thats all 3 or 4, they have along way to go on the list to get to me.

Scott

Comment

Anybody get a notice to report to an orientation? Just curious. . .

Comment

Originally posted by deliangst
        Anybody get a notice to report to an orientation? Just curious. . .

I got it a few days ago...

I heard straight from the chief that JPD will be hiring 200 officers this round... If so they better start crackin!

Comment

Originally posted by redneck41

I heard straight from the chief that JPD will be hiring 200 officers this round... If so they better start crackin!

200????? Wow!!! Is that for 2 years? I thought they said they were planning on hiring 5 or 6?

Comment

Who knows how many they could hire. The bosses might WANT to hire 200, but the city might only allow, for instance, 30 or 40. It is anyone's guess. Either way, there are ALWAYS a ton of rumors that flow around when it comes to when and how many they will actually take. Plus, the police and fire board are an interesting bunch. You would be surprised at how many people on that list, that would otherwise be damn good candidates, they pass over. Oh well, play the waiting game and hope for the best.

Comment

If it’s anything like how they hire in Lincolnshire, good luck!

Comment

Well, I guess that I misunderstood what the chief said when he was in our area talking...

Seems as though they're hiring 3 the first week of January, with a total of 15-20 for the year. However, if the list lasts 2 years, expect to get a call if your under #200.

Originally posted by redneck41

Comment

Well, 3 were selected, and 1 as a conditional hire on 11/13/06, and employment will become effective on 1/2/07(I think that was the date). #12 on the list and down will be next up for selection next time they hire.
                  Last edited by styguy531; 11-15-2006, 07:27 AM.

Comment

RUMOR has it that 9 people will be appointed at the Fire and Police Board meeting on the second Tuesday in January.

Comment

joliet police test

I am a student in the EMS program at Joliet Junior College. One of the intstructors was a Joliet cop, and he told me that they were hiring alot more than the 3-9 officers. I was told it would be well over the 30 mar. that is why at the writen they said that if you were in the top 150 you would get a call in the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsfan77
                        I am a student in the EMS program at Joliet Junior College. One of the intstructors was a Joliet cop, and he told me that they were hiring alot more than the 3-9 officers. I was told it would be well over the 30 mar. that is why at the writen they said that if you were in the top 150 you would get a call in the first year.
                        No doubt, but I am saying that at the Januray meeting, rumor has it that 9 or maybe more will be appointed.

Comment

Info Update

The board is DEFINATELY going to hire 2 at the January meeting. City Council meets on the 2nd, and they will approve more if they need more. (January's Police and Fire Board meeting is on the 9th at 5:30pm at City Hall)
                          Last edited by styguy531; 01-08-2007, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Update

Only 2 will be hired Tuesday night, maybe a 3rd conditionally.

Comment

#12 and #16 were hired. #18 was taken conditionally, #19 was rejected. Sounds like the next hiring will consist of 8-10 people. MAYBE.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6460 users online. 328 members and 6132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X