Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ared1984
    replied
    Nicb is being lazy....that topic has been covered 100 times over. All you gotta do is search and read. I believe that's the reason for the comment

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    First post and you find a ten year old thread.
    Kinda why I stopped posting on this site. Too much ego and not enough help.

To my knowledge, yes you may carry off duty but arrest powers are limited to forcible felonies. Could be wrong. Never worked for CCSD

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    First post and you find a ten year old thread.

Leave a comment:

• Nicb
    replied
    I have heard that a cook county corrections officer can carry off duty and has powers of arrest...how true is this?

Leave a comment:

• iflyaaord
    replied
    Originally posted by rolt
    Gotcha. Yea, I remember those kind of talks as well. Too bad our very own department castrates what we really ought to be. It's time for change both on with the Sheriff and with the President of the Cook County board.
    Oh yeah!!! We need change. In a BIG BIG way.

Leave a comment:

• rolt
    replied
    Originally posted by iflyaaord
    Yeah. Sorry. Wasn't very clear in my post that this was while I was in the academy as a recruit. His little speech was intended to psych us up for when we graduated and received our credentials.
    Gotcha. Yea, I remember those kind of talks as well. Too bad our very own department castrates what we really ought to be. It's time for change both on with the Sheriff and with the President of the Cook County board.

Leave a comment:

• iflyaaord
    replied
    Yeah. Sorry. Wasn't very clear in my post that this was while I was in the academy as a recruit. His little speech was intended to psych us up for when we graduated and received our credentials.

Leave a comment:

• rolt
    replied
    Originally posted by iflyaaord
    Yeah. My IAD guy was trying to make the whole thing about what they do a f**king joke. He kept telling us that we were soon gonna be "badge carrying, pistol toting members of the LE community."
    Are you talking about the CCDOC? Um... because if so.. we already are "badge carrying, pistol toting members of the LE community."

*confused*

Leave a comment:

• iflyaaord
    replied
    Originally posted by Himso
    This is a kinder, gentler academy than it was 5-6 years ago. I believe the academy is now "hands off" for the Instructors. I won't go into specifics but they wanted to train more "Jailguards" back then rather than Corrections Officers. They also have a class about customer service. IAD also comes in and tells everyone how they are really great guys and how to keep a little notebook in your pocket. I just got back from In-Service Training and I was disgusted.
    Yeah. My IAD guy was trying to make the whole thing about what they do a f**king joke. He kept telling us that we were soon gonna be "badge carrying, pistol toting members of the LE community." That same jagoff just wrote me up about 2 months ago. I beat it through the union grievance process though.

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    This is a kinder, gentler academy than it was 5-6 years ago. I believe the academy is now "hands off" for the Instructors. I won't go into specifics but they wanted to train more "Jailguards" back then rather than Corrections Officers. They also have a class about customer service. IAD also comes in and tells everyone how they are really great guys and how to keep a little notebook in your pocket. I just got back from In-Service Training and I was disgusted.

Leave a comment:

• rolt
    replied
    They have their own academy, held at Morriane Valley. 14 weeks long, lots of PT and classroom time. If you're coming from a non-military background get ready for a bit of a rude awakening the first weeks there.

And do listen to the veterans during your field tours of the jail. And also keep in mind that the bulk of the people at the academy are mostly all court services people and have never even worked a tier.

Leave a comment:

• kodger
    replied
    When you go and they suggest you don't listen to the vets, disregard. Many more vets will give you straight advice and steer you right than the other way around. PAY ATTENTION to report writing! It's probably the single most important thing you'll learn in a class....it can save your *** or get you fired, depending on your pen.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRuckuss
    Does Cook County have their own corrections academy, or do they send you to PTI? How long is the academy...then field training? What are the physical demands? And any other corrections academy info that might be helpfull!

THANKS!
    Cook County has their own corrections academy. The academy is 14 weeks I believe (10 weeks when I was there). I didn't have any field training and was sort of thrown on a tier. Things could have changed since I was their though.

Leave a comment:

• BigRuckuss
    started a topic Academy // Cook County Corrections

Academy // Cook County Corrections

Does Cook County have their own corrections academy, or do they send you to PTI? How long is the academy...then field training? What are the physical demands? And any other corrections academy info that might be helpfull!

THANKS!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8683 users online. 459 members and 8224 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X