300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northlake PD Hiring

If you all have not seen the advertisement yet, the Northlake PD is hiring officers beginning October 16. For details go to:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...F709D&ipath=PS

Good luck with their oral interview though. It is one of the hardest I ever took. I actually failed it!!!
    My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

I have a buddy that works there. He worked for CPD for a few years then lateralled there. He speaks very highly of that department and said that they take care of their officers and pay well.

Comment

What sort of questions did they ask you? It has been my experience that most departments ask pretty much the same stuff..Why do you want to become a police officer?....Would you be willing to use deadly force?...What would you do if you had a problem with your partner?Supervisor? Questions like this.

Comment

Does anyone know how many they are hiring???

Comment

They had a writing sample at the beginning. They also scrutinize your application. If you have a minor issue, like having too many jobs, get ready to explain it. They will ask you why they should hire you. They last tested in October of 2005. They had 100 show up at the orientation. After the written test/ physical agility they had 40 and came out with a list of like 20. They make you sign a 3 year employment contract.
            My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

Comment

What?? What is the three year contract inteled

Comment

It is a training and equipment agreement. If you voluntarily terminate your employment during your 1st 3 years you will have to reimburse the City of Northlake for the cost. Most departments do this, just not as long. It prevents people from testing, getting trained, then going to another department. In the interview be prepard to be asked, "If you could waive a magic wand and put yourself on any department what department would you put yourself on?" I bsed them and said Northlake when I was actually thinking of 2 other departments!!!

Comment

I have seen agreements like this before too. Most recently when I applied to the Wheaton PD, but theirs' was a 2 year agreement. I guess Northlake has been stung before with officers getting hired, trained, then flying the coop to some other department.

Comment

Downers has a 19 month contract, Lisle has a three year.

Comment

Does anyone know when the POWER test is??? Also is it the same fitness test as everywhere else???

bench, sit up, mile and a half, sit and reach

Comment

The physical agility test was the power test. They did the POWER test first on the test day then the written exam.

Comment

Sorry Robert but I think you miss understood me. They just started giving out the application but I have not picked one up. Also there is no date on the web pages on when the power test is. Do you have a date for that?

Comment

Any word on how there Community Service Officer hiring goes? Common work load, Pay?

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. I'll be there on the 24th! Anybody else?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5931 users online. 298 members and 5633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X