Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved Duty Weapons McHenry County

Hello

I am a Officer/Deputy in Jacksonville Florida, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and wanting to come to McHenry County.

What is the approved sidearm in McHenry? Can you carry your own? Also can you carry your own shotgun or AR?

Also what is their off duty policy regarding firearms?

Also does anyone know what McHenry is like to work for?

Yes call me crazy but yes Im leaving Florida to come North.

Thanks
    Barry

Comming to the Chicagoland area...and you want McHenry?...no offense to anyone...but there are a few other departments I would choose first...

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss
      Comming to the Chicagoland area...and you want McHenry?...no offense to anyone...but there are a few other departments I would choose first...
      Must be from that area or have family there.
      “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Hahah, I second that notion Ruckuss.

I take it you are going for a Road Deputy?

Our General orders state we can carry most major styles(there are specific brands laid out in the GO's) of SA/DA, and DAO weapons. No SA only. As far as I know with the Road, they carry shotguns in the cars, but I am not too sure.

PM me if you want, and ill try to give you any info you are looking for. If I cant find it Ill ask one of our road deputies, or I can get you directed to our recruiter.

McHenry USED to be a small time county, but recently its been growing at a fast rate. Some things need to change to catch up with the rapid growth but it isnt the most horrible county to work for.

Comment

Sounds like it is the same no matter

where you go.

Jacksonville has some serious issues too. Growing faster than the leadership paradigm can keep up with.

Your right, I have family up there. Or as they would say here in the South. "Kin" or "Keen." LOL

Thanks for the info and take care.

Comment

M.C.S.D....you're right...McHenry isn;t nearly as bad as Kane! THey had a lot of deputies waiting in line for an Aurora app this morning...they said they can't leave kane fast enough!

Comment

You can carry a 1911 if and when you make the SWAT team, you will also get to ride in a new striker, woooot.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss
                M.C.S.D....you're right...McHenry isn;t nearly as bad as Kane! THey had a lot of deputies waiting in line for an Aurora app this morning...they said they can't leave kane fast enough!

There is NO WAY I would work for Kane. I heard the road wasnt as bad as corrections, but no friggin way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5085 users online. 264 members and 4821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X