Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, with the general concensus that enough is enough with the complaining. However, those of you that keep telling us all that this is the way it is and all, well when we went for this test they told us the computer option was meant to speed up the process. That obviously hasn't happened, so maybe you could begin to understand to see why some people are frustrated. First we were told a couple months wait, and after that it kept growing and growing( the wait) and now its indefinite. Yeah its frustrating but its something I came to terms with a long long time ago. So I suggest others do too. Like everyone else says: " If you want it bad enough, you'll do anything to make it work." Keep on Keepin' on.
    -jcap

Comment

Originally posted by CPDhopeful
      There are many people in these forums who look down and say the current CPD testers should not complan that the test results are taking so long. They say that in past has taken years and people should just sit back and relax. I am one of those complainers and believe we have a right to complain. Times have changed. Why is it taking almost a year to get our results? Most suburban depts get results within a month or two. Why is Chicago so different? Doesn't chicago want the best of the best? Most qualified people will be on the top of suburban dept lists and probably have been hired by now. That leaves Chicago with the people at the bottom of the list. If I ever finally get hired, I do not want to be working with people who were all from the bottom of the barrell. There are alll these stories around the country that PD's are having a difficult time recruiting PO's. Shouldn't Chicago being doing everything they can to get all these higly qualified people who want the job, rather than stringing them along for a year before the test results even come out (not to mention how long the rest of the process will take). The top scorers on the CPD test have probably already been hired by sububan depts, have completed the academy and are already on the street and Chicago has not even given out the test relust yet!
      Go test somewhere else then. Don't forget the politics involved in the process. If you really think Chicago only wants the best of the best you are naive.
      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Maybe they are just more particular?

Ever thought of that?

BTW...what do you call the person who just barely squeeked by in Medical School and passed his boards by the skin of his teeth?

"Doctor"

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT
          BTW...what do you call the person who just barely squeeked by in Medical School and passed his boards by the skin of his teeth?

"Doctor"
          Doctors and lawyers are two of the fields that I prefer the ones who made straight 'A's and were top-notch.
          Cops need to have average intellegence and above average physical skills. CPD is a real 'melting-pot', and there are all kinds there. Overall, the CPD is an excellent agency; if I weren't so darn old, I'd apply myself.
          “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7761 users online. 395 members and 7366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X