Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone testing for harvard il this week

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone testing for harvard il this week

    harvard is testing this sat. anybody going? Also has anybody taken their written test before it does not appear that it is going to be POST or COPS.

  • #2
    Harvard? Where is that?

    Comment


    • #3
      harvard is also the home of milk day. its known for having a cow in the middle of the town.

      for being a smaller town the department seems like it would be a good department to work for.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ruindasia1
        harvard is also the home of milk day. its known for having a cow in the middle of the town.

        for being a smaller town the department seems like it would be a good department to work for.
        The cow's name is Harmilda....i thought she be dismantled by now...glad sh e's around. I remember driving past her when the drinking age in wisconsin was still 18
        You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ruindasia1
          harvard is testing this sat. anybody going? Also has anybody taken their written test before it does not appear that it is going to be POST or COPS.
          If I had known they were testing before the 15th I would have. Best ofluck to you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cityblusuit
            The cow's name is Harmilda....i thought she be dismantled by now...glad sh e's around. I remember driving past her when the drinking age in wisconsin was still 18
            actually nope she is still kickin. I think she had baby's, there is about 6 harmildas standing on the corner in downtown harvard. Cow prostitution. What a Shame. Look what happens when you don't have a good plastic cow father figure in your life.

            thanks unsworn for the good luck. Orientation is tomorrow I'll post on how everything went this week.

            Comment


            • #7
              Harvard's test how did it go? there were 44 people there,BUT and that is a big but there really should have been ten to 15 people for the written, b/c most of the people would have failed the physical agility test. They were only doing the physical agility that day for practice purposes. That really is lame,when departments do this, and a risk for the department for sending a canidate who can't pass the physical. All departments should have a pass/fail agility test the same day as the written.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ruindasia1
                Harvard's test how did it go? there were 44 people there,BUT and that is a big but there really should have been ten to 15 people for the written, b/c most of the people would have failed the physical agility test. They were only doing the physical agility that day for practice purposes. That really is lame,when departments do this, and a risk for the department for sending a canidate who can't pass the physical. All departments should have a pass/fail agility test the same day as the written.

                Why should they? It's their department and they can do as they wish. Is it because then there would be less competition opposed to whether they believe they can obtain the possible candidate by proceeding in this manner?

                Failing the physical may be a wake up call for a candidate who actually might make a better police officer than some other applicants. Perhaps, that particular department believes that if one applicant fails the sit and stretch on the day of the written test, he/she can prepare for the actual test and realize their own short comings.

                Just because one can walk in and pass the complete power test on day one, does not necessarily mean they are any better qualified than someone who fails one portion one day and prepares for it the next time.

                Maybe the department does not want to lose the opportunity to hire an otherwise superior candidate who would excel if given the opportunity to prepare.

                They have their reasons for their testing process and just maybe one of those people that failed the practice test, will ultimately be the best candidate overall for the position.
                Last edited by SeVere; 09-25-2006, 04:09 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Amen to what Severe said. Let us not forget that sometimes an applicant will pass the day of the written test then goes down to the academy and fails.
                  My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

                  RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    u bring up some good points, I agree those canadites who fail the physical could make better canidates,but that is speculative. What it does show is that they are not that serious about this whole process b/c if this career mattered to him or her they would be able to pass the test that day,and pass it for the rest of their lives.

                    The key word is preparation for anything you really want to do.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There is much much more to this job than being able to pass the power test. Trust me on this. And there are many other factors which are just as important if not more important than the power test.

                      Some people want to be police officers and apply, not knowing what the physical test consists of. I know a lot of people in great shape who had problems with the sit and reach. Should they be excluded right from the get-go?

                      Some departments say yes, others say no. The ones that give you time to prepare do so for a reason.

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 4372 users online. 180 members and 4192 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X