Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so many departments testing this week. naperville,streamwood,park ridge,lake villa

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so many departments testing this week. naperville,streamwood,park ridge,lake villa

i'm wondering who went wear and how many people were testing?

i went to the orientation last sat. for lake villa which had roughly 60 ppl. for no positions.(written test was today)

so i chose park ridge about an estimated 1-200 (fillled the lunch room.)ppl. sat for the written. (1400 ppl. applied.)

it would be nice to know the turnout for streamwood,naperville,and lake villa. (hodgkins might have been today too???) and what written test they used (excluding naperville/ I know they use the ncjosi)

later.

oops! meant where not wear.

Comment

Now is the best time. Most fiscal years end in Aug so they start hiring now or earlier if they are hurting or are planning ahead.
      "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

I know this was a while ago, but Naperville is Naperville and I'm sure it's still a department that sees mucho applicants.... But when I tested for Naperville 9 years ago there were probably over 1000 applicants at the written tests.
        MrJim911

Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives because they will never come again

Comment

that is why i was wondering who tested where this week. it really is a roll of the dice. For ex. round lake had 30 or 33 people show up on the day of testing. 21 take the written and than 10 people on the final elgibility list.

Compare that to the #of applicants that tested for park ridge & hoffman estates.It really is a roll of the dice.

Comment

Originally posted by ruindasia1
            i'm wondering who went wear and how many people were testing?

i went to the orientation last sat. for lake villa which had roughly 60 ppl. for no positions.(written test was today)

so i chose park ridge about an estimated 1-200 (fillled the lunch room.)ppl. sat for the written. (1400 ppl. applied.)

it would be nice to know the turnout for streamwood,naperville,and lake villa. (hodgkins might have been today too???) and what written test they used (excluding naperville/ I know they use the ncjosi)

later.
            I tested for naperville on Friday morning I would say there were over 110 applicants at least. Written Test was very easy. They graded it after we took it and and posted who would take the physically agility test on saturday. Physically agility was an obstacle course, it was easy as heck. Had to complete it under 1:57 seconds. I did it in like 1:07 seconds. I did notice some applicants (females) couldn't remove the 165 pound dummy out of the car and drag 25 feet but many people passed that part. They are doing oral interviews on the top 20 candidates. Hope I am one of them!!

Scott

Comment

Evanston tested this weekend as well. I was there along with about 40 others. Interesting set up they do with the study guide and then the test.

Comment

good luck to both of you.

I thought about applying for naperville but again there were so many choices.
                Were any of the females able to drag the 165lb dummy,or did the dummy win in that contest?

I wonder if evanston and glen ellyn use the same testing agency? They also had a study guide for their exam.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32
                  I tested for naperville on Friday morning I would say there were over 110 applicants at least. Written Test was very easy. They graded it after we took it and and posted who would take the physically agility test on saturday. Physically agility was an obstacle course, it was easy as heck. Had to complete it under 1:57 seconds. I did it in like 1:07 seconds. I did notice some applicants (females) couldn't remove the 165 pound dummy out of the car and drag 25 feet but many people passed that part. They are doing oral interviews on the top 20 candidates. Hope I am one of them!!

Scott
                  I went through testing for Naperville as well. I have worn a ballistic vest before, but that weight vest was a little heavier than I expected. I passed as well, but not as quick as you- I slipped in the grass dragging the dummy out. The wall was definitely easier than I expected.

The written was very easy, but I heard at least 2 people say that they didn't do part II of exam 1 because they thought it was done at a separate time.l

I got the email and letter that said that I passed, but it didn't mention the initial rank list. Have you heard when they will be given out?

ruindasia1 - I didn't stick around for the whole time, but I didn't 'see' any of the females do it. Then again, I wasn't paying that much attention and the finish line wasn't easy to see from where everyone was waiting.

Joe
                  Last edited by kcema-joe; 09-25-2006, 10:44 AM. Reason: forgot to add about written test

Comment

Originally posted by kcema-joe
                    I went through testing for Naperville as well. I have worn a ballistic vest before, but that weight vest was a little heavier than I expected. I passed as well, but not as quick as you- I slipped in the grass dragging the dummy out. The wall was definitely easier than I expected.

The written was very easy, but I heard at least 2 people say that they didn't do part II of exam 1 because they thought it was done at a separate time.l

I got the email and letter that said that I passed, but it didn't mention the initial rank list. Have you heard when they will be given out?

ruindasia1 - I didn't stick around for the whole time, but I didn't 'see' any of the females do it. Then again, I wasn't paying that much attention and the finish line wasn't easy to see from where everyone was waiting.

Joe
                    Joe, many of the female applicants went before me and I saw many who couldn't even get the dummy out of the vehicle. That test was incredibly easy but I think I messed up on one math problem though (the one dividing the overtime hours). But it was easy. The info they did give us is that the oral interviews will begin on october 24. I did recieve that letter saying I past both written and physical agility. I bet if they did have the state power test a quarter of those applicants wouldn't pass it.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32
                      Joe, many of the female applicants went before me and I saw many who couldn't even get the dummy out of the vehicle. That test was incredibly easy but I think I messed up on one math problem though (the one dividing the overtime hours). But it was easy. The info they did give us is that the oral interviews will begin on october 24. I did recieve that letter saying I past both written and physical agility. I bet if they did have the state power test a quarter of those applicants wouldn't pass it.

Scott
                      FYI, I emailed Ruthi at the board of commissioners and she said that the board will be signing off on the list (initial ranking) today (9/26) and that it will be mailed out by the 29th or earlier.

Not sure how I did on the written. I went over the first part a couple of times and didn't see any obvious errors, but have no idea how they will score the subjective parts (or if they will just use them for the poly later on).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7421 users online. 345 members and 7076 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X