Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone taking IDOC test at IYC (st. charles) 9/22?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taking IDOC test at IYC (st. charles) 9/22?

Just curious if anyone here will be attending the Illinois Department of Corrections testing next Friday (9/22) at the IYC in St. Charles?

I am. Did you fill out the application online? It's the same as the general state employment application right? I don't want to have to fill it out there.

Comment

i did it back in june and just got my test scores back this week, and i probably won't know if i'm on this list until november. it's a very long process. be prepared to be there the whole day. all in all, if you are in decent shape and halfway intelligent you will have no problems. they do a physical,written, and a video test. they also interview you there the same day. i'd recommend to have your app all filled out before you get there. it is the same state application you can get online.......good luck!

Comment

What is the order of events on testing day (i.e. Orientation...physical...written...etc)? Just trying to know what to expect.

How many people showed up for the june test? Did they say how many they were hiring?

What time did you actually get out of there? Did you bring a change of clothes for your interview?

I downloaded PDF app and filled out on computer...one less thing to do there! Do you get through the process any faster allready having your app completed?

Just out of curiosity...were you going for corrections or youth supervisor?

Do you have to be willing to relocate anywhere in state of IL?

Sorry, I know that is a lot of questions...I appreciate any answers you might have!
        Last edited by BigRuckuss; 09-15-2006, 11:03 AM.

Comment

you do the written test first. then you watch a 5 minute video and you are tested on that. then you complete the step,pushup, obsticle and hand grip tests. then you are interviewed. we started with about 150 people. that was cut in half after the written. in the end i think there were about 50-60 applicants left. it really isn't a hard process, nothing major to worry about. we started at like 730 am and i didn't get back on the road until around 430. the nice thing is it's pretty informal all day. no need for a change of clothes. having the app predone just saves you from writing it all down there. after you do all the testing and interviews they make you sit there while they go through the apps to make sure all your i's are dotted and t's crossed. that's where i waited the longest. i was done with all the testing by 1 pm. my application was fine, but some people had to keep filing out more and more papers. in the papers you fill out there, you tell them what county you want to work at 1st and 2nd choice. after all the testing is done you are put on the list for that specific county you specified. which is cool. for example someone could have scored an 80 and you scored a 60. if it was a statewide scoring system you might never get called. but if you picked stateville prision, and your 60 was the highest score out of all the people that picked stateville you're number one on the list. so no need to relocate unless you want to.

from what i understand they will be hiring a lot of officers in the next couple of years. they had a academy in january,they just started anothone this month and have plans for another in october. one thing,don't expect the process to move that quick. from what i understand it's at least a 4-5 month wait from the test date until you are put on the list or hired...

hope this helps

What is the order of events on testing day (i.e. Orientation...physical...written...etc)? Just trying to know what to expect.

How many people showed up for the june test? Did they say how many they were hiring?

What time did you actually get out of there? Did you bring a change of clothes for your interview?

I downloaded PDF app and filled out on computer...one less thing to do there! Do you get through the process any faster allready having your app completed?

Just out of curiosity...were you going for corrections or youth supervisor?

Do you have to be willing to relocate anywhere in state of IL?

Sorry, I know that is a lot of questions...I appreciate any answers you might have!

Comment

Any advantage to Corrections Officer vs. Youth Supervisor? Except for the pay difference...

Any certain facilities to pick over others...faster hiring...better conditions...etc...

I really appreciate your help, you answered a lot of my questions!

Comment

Any thoughts???????

Comment

my thoughts? i wish i won more money in vegas this weekend! i just got back from a quick weekend away.i really don't know any pros or cons either way on that one. my first thought is that the youth job would be a little less dangerous, but from what i've read is that the kids can be just as fiesty as the adults....

i really don't have any answer about facilites either. i picked stateville(joliet area). which seems to be a bigger facility with an interesting population, and close to my home in plainfield.......

sorry not much help in those areas..good luck friday!

Any advantage to Corrections Officer vs. Youth Supervisor? Except for the pay difference...

Any certain facilities to pick over others...faster hiring...better conditions...etc...

I really appreciate your help, you answered a lot of my questions!

Comment

From what I know, IDOC only hired 1 batch of applicants from the last test and there is a ton left on the list and IDOC does not have another scheduled academy this year.

Comment

actually they did one batch in january, another is at the academy right now and according to the website they will probably do another in october. from what they've told me they are finally going to be hiring a lot more applicants over the next few years.

Comment

so how did you guys do? any thoughts?

Comment

I had a family emergency at the last minute...wasn't able to make it...I have sent in my reschedule letter...

I guess I'll just have to wait till next testing period.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10336 users online. 521 members and 9815 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X