Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know when the next class starts for CPD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when the next class starts for CPD?

I was told I would be scheduled for my second power test in September and that i should start the class in October. Does anyone have the dates. Thanks in advance. I want to give my notice at work and take some time off in between jobs.

http://www.ptb.state.il.us/training/...iedCourses.pdf

you can check here but i think it's outdated

Comment

Originally posted by Hartnett
      I was told I would be scheduled for my second power test in September and that i should start the class in October. Does anyone have the dates. Thanks in advance. I want to give my notice at work and take some time off in between jobs.
      It's good you wanna do the right thing and give notice and take a break before you start the new gig. But......DONT DO ANYTHING UNTIL U HAVE A CONFIRMED DATE IN HAND!!!!!!
      You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit
        It's good you wanna do the right thing and give notice and take a break before you start the new gig. But......DONT DO ANYTHING UNTIL U HAVE A CONFIRMED DATE IN HAND!!!!!!

thanks, yeah I know.

Comment

My BI Says

I had my BI about a month ago and she said that they were trying to get classes in pretty quickly.

I guess I don't know when classes are starting, but I would wait until you get your letter for the final power test before you do anything.

I could be wrong but I think you have about 1 month after your final power test before the first day of the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kskog
            I had my BI about a month ago and she said that they were trying to get classes in pretty quickly.

I guess I don't know when classes are starting, but I would wait until you get your letter for the final power test before you do anything.

I could be wrong but I think you have about 1 month after your final power test before the first day of the academy.
            BI? sorry for the noob question.

thanks for the heads up, i won't do anything until i know for sure.

Thanks

Comment

BI is background investigation. I passed my second power test on Sept. 2 and begin the academy on Sept. 25 so there is a little less than a month in between. But, all dates are tentitive. I wouldn't put in notice just yet. Wait until after the power test.

Comment

^
                when did you take the test?

Comment

Originally posted by Hartnett
                  ^
                  when did you take the test?
                  I took the written in Nov 2004. My final power test was Sept. 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ts622
                    BI is background investigation. I passed my second power test on Sept. 2 and begin the academy on Sept. 25 so there is a little less than a month in between. But, all dates are tentitive. I wouldn't put in notice just yet. Wait until after the power test.
                    TS622, Good Luck on Monday. If you get a chance give us an update on what the first week consists of. I'm interested to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kskog
                      TS622, Good Luck on Monday. If you get a chance give us an update on what the first week consists of. I'm interested to know.
                      Thanks, will do. From what I hear the first week is a lot of orientation and things really get going the second week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

In my opinion, the first three weeks are pretty bad. Between the information overload the first week, welcome to gym the 2nd, and buying everything you need for the academy (uniforms, equipment, and weapon), you can get stressed out very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDude
                          In my opinion, the first three weeks are pretty bad. Between the information overload the first week, welcome to gym the 2nd, and buying everything you need for the academy (uniforms, equipment, and weapon), you can get stressed out very easily.

Is the entire 2nd week gym time? Is gym time mainly running or a little of eveerything?

Comment

Originally posted by ts622
                            Is the entire 2nd week gym time? Is gym time mainly running or a little of eveerything?
                            No, the 2nd week is not mainly gym time. All I was trying to say is it takes about three weeks to really get settled in. You will have a POWER test you first week, and welcome to gym the second. By the third week, your head will finally stop spinning from all the hoops they make you jump through.

Comment

I see. Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10507 users online. 493 members and 10014 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X