300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General police question

The answer I seek to a question that no one can answer is Why cant a police officer own a bar???

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS and if possible provide me with proof.

It is all dependent on department policy as to whether or not a cop can own a bar. At my department, officers are not allowed to work at any position where alcohol is served. The rational is because you will have a good chance of dealing with people at the bar that you would have to deal with as a cop. Further, it spares any illusions of favoritism. For example, if there is an underage drinking sting, and your's is the only place that doesn't receive any citations, what would the public perception be?
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
      It is all dependent on department policy as to whether or not a cop can own a bar. At my department, officers are not allowed to work at any position where alcohol is served. The rational is because you will have a good chance of dealing with people at the bar that you would have to deal with as a cop. Further, it spares any illusions of favoritism. For example, if there is an underage drinking sting, and your's is the only place that doesn't receive any citations, what would the public perception be?

Thats more or less of what I was thinking just was not sure. I just didnt know if there was actually a law of some sort that says it, but the Dept policy will do for an answer.

Thanx alot

Comment

It is a state law in Florida that a LEO can not serve alcohol. That even includes probation officers. My first job out of college was as a probation officer, which in Florida is a LEO position. Anyway, I wanted to work weekends at a Red Lobster bar to help pay off student loans. Found out no LEO can serve alcohol (or own an establishment that does).

Probably some thoughts about conflict of interest.
        Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9967 users online. 470 members and 9497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X