300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suburban Law Enforcement Academy

Has anyone attended the Suburban Law Enforcement Academy in glen ellyn (Il), and if so what did you think about it? Also what time does the academy start?

Originally posted by Goldenbear3
    Has anyone attended the Suburban Law Enforcement Academy in glen ellyn (Il), and if so what did you think about it? Also what time does the academy start?
    Piece of cake...class starts at 0730 everyday and you have PT on mon, wed, and fri 0600.

Good luck

Comment

I think the academy is at DuPage Comm. College. I did'nt attend that academy but I know some of the guys at my dept. teach there part time. If you live out there then it wouldnt be so bad but oh that could be a long daily drive.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

info

Are weekends involved in the academy? What is the attire? What do you need for the academy?

Comment

I do not think any weekends are involved. The first day you are usually in orientation. I would strongly advise you wear a suit the first day. This is usually just a day of orientation and they will tell you what you will need and what to bring. For the most part the dept. that is sending you should have a good idea of what you will need since I would guess they have had officers at their dept. who have attended the academy in DuPage. From what I can recall from my first week. (Not at C.O.D. College of DuPage) We wore a suit i.e. business suit the first week or at the very least a shirt and tie with dress pants and shoes. After you passed your first written test/physical test then you went to sweat pants.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

When I went back in 2001 we wore a white button down shirt and navy blue pants the first day. You were then issued academy polos and you wore those with navy blue pants. I think when we hit the 5th or 6th week we started wearing our department issue uniforms.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8601 users online. 382 members and 8219 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X