300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day at the academy

Just passed my second power test and will begin the academy on 9/25. Any hints as to what we can expect on the first day? We're wearing casual business attire so is it safe to assume no PT? Also, I know that the power test was just the minimum physical requirements but what can we expect from the PT portion of the academy? Thanks!

Congrats on passing your 2nd PT and on starting the academy!

Comment

Originally posted by ts622
      Just passed my second power test and will begin the academy on 9/25. Any hints as to what we can expect on the first day? We're wearing casual business attire so is it safe to assume no PT? Also, I know that the power test was just the minimum physical requirements but what can we expect from the PT portion of the academy? Thanks!
      Ur never safe from PT no matter what you wear. First day will be mostly benefit stuff, but don't be surprised if they get you doing pushups. It all depends on who ur HRI is and how everyone feels.

Comment

You will be doing another POWER test during your first week.

During your time at the academy, you will be required to do three more POWER tests.

Comment

u wear a suit the first week. the first week theres alot stuff thrown at you. mostly paperwork getting u ready for that real first week of training

Comment

Originally posted by rosko23
            Ur never safe from PT no matter what you wear. First day will be mostly benefit stuff, but don't be surprised if they get you doing pushups. It all depends on who ur HRI is and how everyone feels.
            LOL, probably not what these guys thought when they showed up their first day in suits.
            http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52662

Comment

Originally posted by LPI
              LOL, probably not what these guys thought when they showed up their first day in suits.
              http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52662
              Thanks for that LPI

Comment

Congratulations on passing the PT and good luck with the rest of the process buddy, I guess now I will be seeing you more in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hack
                  Congratulations on passing the PT and good luck with the rest of the process buddy, I guess now I will be seeing you more in the gym.
                  Thanks! I will be living at the gym for the next several months I think. You'll have to keep me on my toes!

Comment

Be prepared to be tested during the first week of your training. Your HRI's (home room instructor(s)) will call you, and or, your classmates out in an attempt to see who is going to break and to see who is not prepared mentally. Do NOT be surprised if you or your classmates find yourselves in the front lean rest position with your nice suits and nice dress shoes. You are NEVER safe from some form of PT........
                    MWUHA HA HA HA HA HA HA
                    I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Yes, LPI provided me with a link to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURHfFIqbGs

And just for fun, check out this Academy clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFO33oVH_5E

Comment

And just for fun, check out this Academy clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFO33oVH_5E[/QUOTE]

Ali G is the man!!!

Comment

FRONT LEANING REST!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW YOU F###### IDIOTS! Wow I miss those days! LOL Oh and then there is the fun runs. Oh god help you! All bets a side congrats and good luck.
                          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I hate to ask but, what's a front lean?

Comment

Originally posted by ts622
                              I hate to ask but, what's a front lean?
                              Push up ready position with elbows locked

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6325 users online. 280 members and 6045 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X